Navigation update

kenfowler3966

My 2020 car has a mib3 system as far as I can tell?

The whole touchscreen one with no buttons on it.

I have updated it before by connecting to house Wi-Fi and then downloaded the update but it no longer seems to work.

Searching for how to do it manually you go to Skoda update site and enter vin number then download the update. Extract files and put on usb stick to upload into car.

Problem is the example gives mib3 file names to use in the update. With my vin number I only get mib1 and mib2 update files downloaded?

I don’t subscribe to the Skoda portal as not worth having following trial that only ever worked for last month of free year.

If your car has the mini USB-C sockets and no SD card slot then you have the MIB3 system. 

I tried a manual update to the maps years ago, but never got the maps to load. Instead I buy a Skoda Connect licence each year when they're on a special offer, and find the maps are being updated automatically every month or so. I also find the traffic updates and warnings of delays invaluable.

Chris

2 hours ago, CJJE said:

If your car has the mini USB-C sockets and no SD card slot then you have the MIB3 system. 

I tried a manual update to the maps years ago, but never got the maps to load. Instead I buy a Skoda Connect licence each year when they're on a special offer, and find the maps are being updated automatically every month or so. I also find the traffic updates and warnings of delays invaluable.

Chris

My car has sd slots in the glovebox and a normal usb in the central console. However mib3 units look like the large square touch screen display in the dash. Could the early mib3 units have had this or is it mib2 then.

The download had two folders, mib1 and mib2. If mine is mib2 I presume I just put all the files from the mib2 folder onto the drive?

You are better to enter engineering menu, by holding down Menu or Setup button for about 10 seconds to find the Software Train information.

Button in this case will be an on screen one of course.

The Software Train will tell you what's fitted for sure.

19 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

My car has sd slots in the glovebox and a normal usb in the central console. However mib3 units look like the large square touch screen display in the dash. Could the early mib3 units have had this or is it mib2 then.

The download had two folders, mib1 and mib2. If mine is mib2 I presume I just put all the files from the mib2 folder onto the drive?

It sounds like you have a MIB2 Columbus system, and I believe their maps are updated by loading the new maps on an SD card then inserting this into an SD card slot so they can be transferred to the Columbus's built-in memory. (Does the owner's manual cover the procedure perhaps? Or is there a help file on the map update webpage?)

The MIB3 systems were introduced for the MY21 cars from August 2020, (with an 'M' as the 10th character in the VIN.) 

Chris

Edited by CJJE

On 07/12/2022 at 17:19, Toolie said:

Can you recall what the cost of the last special offer Connect was?

I renewed my Škoda Connect licences last July for £36 (Remote Access) and £44 (Infotainment Online) last July. I think that was at a 35% and 30% discount respectively. Both were added on to my existing licences so they now expire on 19/11/2023. 

Chris

I have a similar issue. I had read that you have to use Skoda sd card but it didn’t have enough space. So deleted some off it. Then found it to be write protected. So now the original sd doesn’t work. Bought a new sd, downloaded the files that the Skoda website said to according to the vin. Put on sd card and no maps found. So now without sat nav completely. What makes it worse is it’s my elderly parents car and they use the sat nav all the time! Any ideas? 

4 hours ago, Binx1310 said:

I have a similar issue. I had read that you have to use Skoda sd card but it didn’t have enough space. So deleted some off it. Then found it to be write protected. So now the original sd doesn’t work. Bought a new sd, downloaded the files that the Skoda website said to according to the vin. Put on sd card and no maps found. So now without sat nav completely. What makes it worse is it’s my elderly parents car and they use the sat nav all the time! Any ideas? 

It's in the back of my mind that the original SD card has hidden files. A new SD card won't have these.

Perhaps someone else can confirm. 

Do you have a choice of regions to download?  Downloading more than you need may be the reason the files don't fit on the original card.

Another thought, are you using a PC or a Mac? There are subtle differenes between them.

If you get desperate you could chance one of the cards that are on Ebay. You would need to be careful about getting the right one. 

Some are used and some new e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144755928698?hash=item21b4202e7a:g:EK0AAOSwZwFjPrCp&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8P7WwiSvplrRyM8rYsswgzhDImkOXPLDFbnz1Gt1gcVZpQPjXQCs1jrxcoPPBW63KN%2FokxX0UDTrc%2F8vGZj%2BfRrpmpTaAhMQV6XsB0iPRcdG6v2%2FTiazAo7CRCPu81mHOICJYEfF3Yk3NAywUbRgS%2FWg%2F%2Ft4zafeD9Z9kc9Vc2sW83TVutkHKUGCaitelqW2rx695j6LHMyyhBSXLt28zmFWiOSmhG%2Bo8ik4Z8UexMs9rU4ieXngO4zX8EUgkbLR96o3NywjCv%2FjmuXuNCYv9YDOjBSNzrzH2UhCZ3NrFYfR7qngGwIiwC0gL0pClR5nRA%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-7r45ygYQ

tom

Edited by Sanqhar