Retrofitting rear seats (scirocco, golf etc...)

Filipelol

I've got my hands on a set of scirocco seats, both front and rear, having fit the front ones I was wondering if anyone knew if its possible to fit the rear 2 person seats on a fabia, I know they just don't bolt on, but maybe someone has done and could give me some advice

PXL_20221208_175755686.jpg

2 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

I expect they'll be too wide to fit since the Scirocco is based on a Golf floorpan, not a Polo.

Your right, I'm just trying to see if anyone has actually tried it or managed to fit back seats from another platform

1 hour ago, Bertie90 said:

how did the front ones fit?

Well they don`t, I drilled 2 holes on the rails, and after that they are still about 1cm too spread apart, so I had to put some washers on the rail mounting to put them closer together, after that they pretty much line up, I needed to push a little with my foot on the rail when I was tightening the bolts but after all wasn't that bad, if anyone is interested I can post a few pictures of what I did once I get the seats out, the rails came a little rusty so I'm planning on sorting that out in a near future 

3 hours ago, chimaera said:

So you've bodged a safety critical feature. Well done. I hope you've informed your insurance company about this modification.

I'm not from the UK, we don't disclose modifications to insurance, but what part did you deem unsafe ? 

The washers are for spacing, it is still fastened with everything original, also the rail has holes from one end to the other, did an extra hole on top of the 10 existing ones ruined the integrity of the rail ? I wouldn't of done the swap if I thought I was putting myself or others at risk, but thank you for your concern.

It sounds like you closed a 1 cm horizontal gap by adding washers to allow the bolts to go through at an angle, as well as bending the rail. If you did, the joint will have lost most of its strength and is liable to break free in a collision. The only safe way to do this would be to have adapter plates made up that would allow you to mount the seats rails to the car without forcing or bending anything.

45 minutes ago, chimaera said:

It sounds like you closed a 1 cm horizontal gap by adding washers to allow the bolts to go through at an angle, as well as bending the rail. If you did, the joint will have lost most of its strength and is liable to break free in a collision. The only safe way to do this would be to have adapter plates made up that would allow you to mount the seats rails to the car without forcing or bending anything.

It can sound like a lot of things, once I get the seats out I can add pictures for discussion