Accelerator goes dead for a few seconds post auto-start

Sanju

Hi All -  Been facing another interesting issue last 2 months and wondering if anyone else has faced the same - and if yes, have you been able to get a resolution from Skoda Svc.

I keep the Auto Start/Stop enabled. When Auto-Stop/Start activates say, going over a small hump, it cuts off the ignition. However, once it comes back on as part of the Auto-Stop/Start, the accelerator goes dead for a few seconds [~2-3 seconds] before it comes back to life. This does not happen every time the auto-start/stop has started the car; maybe 3 out of 5 times it happens though.

When this happens, even if the accelerator pedal is pressed fully, the tacho needle does not show any movement either ofcourse.

Has anyone else faced this?

Hello Sanju, is your transmission manual or DSG?

I would suggest if manual gears, it is not the auto stop-start shutting down the engine - but something breaking electrical contact from the jolt caused by the hump.

If you have manual gearbox, am I right in thinking your engine restarts when you push down the clutch pedal?

Have you got dsg   If so is it not the gearbox going into coasting mode when you lift off accelerator that you are experiencing?

Edited by Kenny R

Hi Warrior193 - My Superb has the DSG; not a manual trans.

Hi Kenny R - As responded above, while its the DSG, it doesnt go into coasting mode. I can hear/feel the engine cut off with the auto-STOP activating below 5 km/hr. Then, as i have released the brake pedal, the auto-START fires up the engine. AT THIS POINT, the accelerator goes dead - no response even on the tacho - for 2 to 3 seconds.