Grommet for bonnet cable

My horn stopped working so a local garage put in a separate button for the horn and ran the wire through the same hole as the bonnet cable,since being done my car has been filling up with water in the rear drivers footwell.To say I'm a bit ****ed off is a understatement.The rear seats and door cards are now covered in mould and look horrendous.The whole for the grommet was filled with black sealent which clearly wasn't doing anything.Dose anyone know the part number for the correct grommet?2004 1.9.

Cheers guys

This is the state of my car,I've contacted trading standards and I've been told I have to give then the chance to out it right.I don't see how they are going to get the grommet sealed properly with the wire they have put through the same hole as the bonnet release cable.

IMG20221228094947.jpg

IMG20221228095034.jpg

I feel sorry for your garage, no way will a grommet (or lack of) on the front bulkhead result in the rear footwells filling up with water.

You have an 18 year old car, it will have problems with leaky seals etc including degraded rubber grommets, you should start looking for the correct point of ingress and not blaming the last person to have tried to help you.

The level of water in the front footwells would have the floor mats floating at sill level before the water was high enough to spill over into the rear footwells, you only speak of the rear footwells and seats, not the front.

That leak is more likely to be shot rear door skin seals.  Common on many Skoda's of that era. 

There's no way that quantity of water would get through that grommet. 

• Like 1

Didn't have the rear footwell filling up with water before they just pushed the bung in to put the wire through the hole.Sorry JR didn't want to make you feel sorry for anyone,I do apologize sincerely.

• Like 1

The unsealed gromit will cause this much water to enter, the high pressure in the area of the windscreen causes air and fluid to enter the low pressure of the cabin by any route. Hence also the usual water issue on the other side.

I have seen this issue before on another car which had a swimming pool in it out the drivers side.

Remove the rear passenger well plug of a while to let the damp out. There will be tonnes of water undert he carpet in the insulation foam.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I hadn't appreciated that the bonnet release cable turns 90° from the release lever to then go 50cm upwards then turn 90° again to pass through the bulkhead under the windscreen.