Bluetooth Issues

Evening All,

First time here and first time owning a Skoda (which so far is great).

I am having a weird issue with Bluetooth in the Octavia I have just got and I am hoping that the vast and knowledgeable community can help direct me on how to get it fixed.

I have a 2018 Octavia Estate.

I have been trying to get my phone (Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra) to work with the car however cannot seem to get it working correctly.

The phone and Skoda pair ok but then I just get a message on my phone saying "Cannot Connect".  I have tried my wife's Samsung Galaxy S8 with the same result.

Things I have tried:

Reset the infotainment system to factory

Reset my hone to factory

Enabled Developer Mode on my Phone

Tried  Bluetooth AVRCP 1.3/1.4/1.5 and 1.6 in Developer Options on my phone.

Do I need a Bluetooth update / firmware update or............?

The specifics off the infotainment unit are:

Device Part Number: 5Q0035874C

Hardware: H41

Software: 0471

Bluetooth Version: C300

Any ideas?  

Cheers

Ant

Cheers varooom,

I have checked and I have:

Software Train Version: MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0471T

Software Version: H29.319.51_STD2Nav_EU

Looks like that would be the thread to post the info in so will give that a try.

Any others thoughts / advice welcome!

• Like 1

Thanks again varooom,

System updated to 0480 however the issue still remains 😞

Any other ideas out there would be welcome, oddly it works fine with an old Sony Xperia Z5 without fault so I am guessing it has to be something to do with the bluetooth module fitted and later phones..... 

Anyone out there actually managed to get an S22 (Ultra or not) working with BT in a 2018 Octavia?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, missingelements said:

forgot to mention, during the update the BT did not require/get updated so must be already current available version for that module.

That's a shame it didn't work, seems error is in the Sammy.

It must be overly secure I presume?  That Knox stuff still running on it!? (no doubt yes)

Yeah knox still running on it so yeah guessing it's something on the S22 as you say.

There must be a way to get it working......🤨

Hi nicktheshaft

I did a unit reset and a telephone reset removing all known devices which didnt help I am afraid.  I think @varooom is right in that it may not be the car end that is the fault but would be nice to know it "could" work with the S22 somehow (I bet an iPhone would be fine :().

Cheers

Ant

My S21 works absolutely fine with my 2015 with larger screen (MIB2?) 

Have you got any additional security software bar the pre-installed stuff? 

Have you tried all the below on this site? Apparently its a known issue with the S22.

https://www.getdroidtips.com/bluetooth-issue-samsung-s22-series/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, varooom said:

Scroll up 🤣

From memory, S22's should have recently got a major Android update late November, no doubt that's caused headache's that the OP is witnessing now.

The problem with reading whilst tired, Doh!

What a weird issue to have, I hope OP gets it sorted. Been debating to upgrade to the S22 myself or just holding out for the S23 in a few months.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dooge said:

The problem with reading whilst tired, Doh!

What a weird issue to have, I hope OP gets it sorted. Been debating to upgrade to the S22 myself or just holding out for the S23 in a few months.

All good, I have certainly done that myself.

I dug out the article about the rollout date, seems it was around 24th October it finally started to drop

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_seedins_one_ui_50_based_on_android_13_for_galaxy_s22_series-news-56265.php

The above site might also show you some news/features about the S23, they are my go to for specs/news (they do have EV section for Electric Vehicles too)

Edited by varooom
Spellink
  • Like 1

Just now, varooom said:

All good, I have certain done that myself.

I dug out the article about the rollout date, seems it was around 24th October it finally started to drop

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_seedins_one_ui_50_based_on_android_13_for_galaxy_s22_series-news-56265.php

The above site might also show you some news/features about the S23, they are my go to for specs/news (they do have EV section for Electric Vehicles too)

Strangely enough I use GSM arena when researching a new phone. I used to sell phones years ago (Carphone Warehouse) and that was the best website by far for comparisons and reviews. Technology and me however have got to the stage of not needing to progress, my S21 is fine for what I need but I always think a new phone with a warranty for the same monthly price Im paying is better than a phone without a warranty.

• Love it! 1

What are you trying to do when the error comes up? Maybe the issue is with the Bluetooth module in the car ?

I have a S20 and the missus has the S22 and both work flawlessly on both my 2015 Octavia and her 2019 Facelift Octavia. Both our cars have Bolero infotainment systems. 

2018 MKIII Octy vRS. My S22 Ultra works just fine on BT and Android Auto, no difference in making connections to my old Note8 or my Sons iPhone.

S22 Ultra

SM-S908B/DS

Android 13 patched 1st Dec 2022

Amundsen 5Q0035874C H41

MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0471T

Random thought... is it something to do with the "user" i.e. the key you have used is for person A so it's looking for person A's phone?

So it definitely can work which is good news so it must be the phone somehow or so it seems.

I have the same model as @Andacami so its not that and same Android security patch level.  No custom security software and phone was completely reset.

Now I know it can work I am even more annoyed :D

I will have a read through the links provided thanks all.

No user settings other than my profile setup and the whole infotainment has been reset blanking any entries out anyway 😞 as i just get "Can't Connect" shown on phone I dont think there is anything on the car that is the issue.

Really appreciate all the good tips and advice!!!!

• Like 1