First Brake Fluid Change At 2 Years?

Just had the 2nd service carried out at my dealer. I was always under the impression that the first brake fluid change was at 3 years, The dealer advises that Skoda now recommends at 2 years. The Skoda website still clearly says 3.

Does anyone know which is correct, I politely decline the brake fluid change and the recommended air con service.

Mark

Yup, roughly midway through the previous year, the model year changes are made.

Edit:- as much as anything else, it makes this (extra) service item frequency a bit easier for some people to come to grips with.

Edited by rum4mo

1 hour ago, mark999 said:

Thank you. It was registered in Jan 21 so probably is a 2021 model. 
Mark

Built 30.06.2015 but it's classed as MY2016 as denoted by the 10th VIN digit

TMBKG7NE3G0------

2016 (G)

2017 (H)

2018 (J)

2019 (K)

2020 (L)

2021 (M)

2022 (N)

2023 (P)

Check your 10th Character on your VIN to get your MY

4 hours ago, varooom said:

Built 30.06.2015 but it's classed as MY2016 as denoted by the 10th VIN digit

TMBKG7NE3G0------

2016 (G)

2017 (H)

2018 (J)

2019 (K)

2020 (L)

2021 (M)

2022 (N)

2023 (P)

Check your 10th Character on your VIN to get your MY

Thank you just checked, it’s definitely a 2021 model year😀 Booked in for the fluid change, don’t want to risk the warranty or extended warranty.

Mark

• Like 1

Fascinating, are they effectively saying that brake fluid is no longer as good as it used to be? My very experienced mobile mehanic who I would trust with my life tells me that the life of said fluid varies enormously. He checks mine with a hygrometer every year as "it only takes half a minute" and presently mine is four years old "well you don't do the miles now you are retired" he says and of course he is right. The ignorance of even so called main dealers can be quite amazing at times.

They appear to be saying they are going back to about 2010's schedules, recommendations, guidelines when it was Brake Fluid change first at 2 years then each 2 years.

Doing the miles has little to do with anything.

It is location location locations as in seaside, top of a mountain or taking your vehicle on a track.

Those doing motor sports and getting the brakes and brake fluid system hot and using the best of brake fluid & brake components might test or replace brake fluid often. 

Commuter cars, little H20 in the brake fluid, brakes hardly ever touched much, no steam in the system, no soggy pedal then nobody is any thew wiser.

As long as the car stops.  Crap ones self of it does not. 

Edited by toot

• 1 month later...