Wheel Load limit details (where to find it)?

Mr Grump

Is this stamped on all OEM rims , if so what would I be looking for ?

Failing that, (on the off chance) does anyone know what  the 19" Triglav load limit is ?

Edited by Mr Grump
Title

Ooops, not quite what I meant Varoom, I didn't explain very well !

I meant what is the wheels maximum load rating 😃 E.g. most aftermarket wheels of this size look to be in the 650-700kg range.

• Like 2

• Mr Grump changed the title to Wheel Load limit details (where to find it)?
21 hours ago, Mr Grump said:

@tootWas looking to go on an 1811Kg (apparently) Cupra Born, I know the Kodiak is around 250kg or so lighter depending on engine/spec.

@varooom Title edited for clarification 😄

The Cupar V1 kerb weight is 1811kg, but page 28 of the brochure also shows a gross (loaded) weight of 2270kg.   I think you should be using this, not kerb weight.

https://www.cupraofficial.co.uk/content/dam/countries/gb/cupra-website/download-documents/2022/v2_cars_models_cupra_born-pricelist-K11-12-2022.pdf

If there was perfect weight distribution would be 2270/4 = 568kg, but I would assume at least 10% extra for cornering forces and uneven weight split, so get a figure of about 625kg.    So your wheel at 630kg sounds right

Never looked at that brochure before, but see you can have all-season tyres on 19 inch rims for £150.   Lot more sensible than Skoda that often doesn't have them available on middle size rim.

• Like 2

@SurreyJohn Interesting, that was not something I had considered, but I see your point, thank you. The 630kg standard wheel load information was provided by @varooom, I did not know that either so thanks varoom :)

@toot Yes I have the car now. I plan on running all seasons, but did not want to end up with 4 tyres alone, if/when the car is replaced as I found out its not easy to shift just tyres.

I wanted to be able to just swap the wheels back to stock and have a wheel/tyre set either to sell or to use on the next car.

I have found an aftermarket set I am happy with after some searching, and they are load rated for 690kg, so in excess of the stock ones. However, they are not cheap, so I have also been keeping and eye out for some decent S/H VAG wheels that are good or only need minor refurb work, but was unsure of where to find their load ratings.

• Thanks 2

No not ev specific, I have decided on Goodyear vector gen3, after narrowing it down to those and the Michelin CC.

Mostly because the GY are a little more wet biased than the dryer bias on the Michelins.