Key Battery

Also gone Panasonic but kept old batteries to test the voltages to see when the Low Battery warning is triggered, and when it stops working altogether.

New Panasonic battery: 3.2v

New Duracell battery: 3.1v

3 month old Duracell battery: 3v, low battery warning triggered (ridiculous - it’s a 3v battery!)

Duracell battery at 2.8v: No system response at all

The temptation is to keep and extra Panasonic battery packaged and in my wallet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Open circuit voltage isn't the best measurement; you really need to see what the voltage dips to when a button is pressed.

Agreed, but one doesn’t need to press the button for wireless entry and keyless starting.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the warning about the key battery needing replacement turned out the coins I had stashed in my centre console where your key is supposed to sit while driving was blocking the signal from this receiver unit to the key...keep my coins in small bag under armrest problem solved !!!

38 minutes ago, The Big Mac said:

I was having the warning about the key battery needing replacement turned out the coins I had stashed in my centre console where your key is supposed to sit while driving was blocking the signal from this receiver unit to the key...keep my coins in small bag under armrest problem solved !!!

I thought the whole point of being keyless is the key can stay in your pocket, that's where mine stays....

• Like 4

Agree totally, too many reasons not to leave the key in the car, whether occupied or not. Another recent case in my neck of the woods, owner locked out of her Skoda due to it randomly self-locking.