Octavia Scout clutch gone

Hi so I have a 2010 octavia scout 

The clutch pedal goes straight to the floor and there is a pool of fluid on the the floor 

So I assume the clutch has gone 

can this be easy done diy type or is it a garage job 

50 minutes ago, Lorrigirl29 said:

The clutch pedal goes straight to the floor and there is a pool of fluid on the the floor 

So I assume the clutch has gone

I think it's more likely to be the master or slave cylinder. I can't say which from 200 miles away though.

• Like 2

It depends on the individual's skill level!

When you say floor do you mean in the car by the foot controls or externally on the ground?  I ask as the police don't know the difference!

17 minutes ago, TheClient said:

Slave is inside bell housing. Painful not an easy DIY for most.  Edit. That is what that photo appears to indicate. 

Also @Lorrigirl29 - That's what I was afraid of, because it's a gearbox out job to replace the slave cylinder, and that means hoists and the like to support the engine and remove the gearbox. If you have to ask, even if you have the skills you probably don't have the tools. When they're in there anyway, ask a trusted mechanic to report on the clutch and flywheel before reassembling..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KenONeill said:

That's what I was afraid of, because it's a gearbox out job to replace the slave cylinder

You do not know that from 200 miles away without knowing what gearbox the vehicle has.

However drips from the bellhousing drain do point to failure of a concentric slave cylinder but it could also be the O ring seal on the bleed block which is external

Lorrigirl, do you have a 5 or 6 speed gearbox?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MicMac said:

If it's a 1.9 5 speed you may be in luck with the slave cylinder accessible externally without removing the bell housing.

Hi its a 2.0 pd engine 6 speed 

Hi its a 2.0 tdi pd 140bhp 6 speed 

Concentric internal slave cylinder then.

However the drip does look like gearbox oil and there is normally always a drip or two there but if you are sure that is where the clutch fluid is then its probably the slave cylinder that has failed but do get someone to check the two O rings where the flexible pipe connects to the bleed block and where it in turn connects to the slave cylinder, there is another internall that could be inspected by removing the starter motor, that commonly fails through vibration but I'm not sure if it can be replaced from through the starter motor aperture, it would need a gynaecologists hands if it is possible.

On 12/02/2023 at 12:38, J.R. said:

You do not know that from 200 miles away without knowing what gearbox the vehicle has.

However drips from the bellhousing drain do point to failure of a concentric slave cylinder but it could also be the O ring seal on the bleed block which is external

Lorrigirl, do you have a 5 or 6 speed gearbox?

I'm going to give it a go amd check the seals aswell thanks guys