Standard cruise control on an ACC equipped Superb

12 minutes ago, mike21sport said:

I have had three 'ACC not available' faults in the last three weeks. Root cause is ''Forward alert sensor impaired''

Turn off the car and it resets. One time it reset on its own after 10 minutes

Grill clean, no snow, dirt etc. In with the dealer in a couple of weeks for its annual, but any feed back /ideas welcome

Sometimes for no apparent reason it does this, my last one did it as well, if you keep driving it will always eventually reset itself as you have already found out, almost like the system is doing a self test and re-calibration while still driving, similar to when you turn the ignition off and on again and it has to self test itself.

It's well known that snow, heavy rain and similar is too much for the sensor to handle but I've had it happen in brilliant sunshine on the odd occasion. There is the possibility a large bug, leaf or something has landed on the sensor but I've never seen any residual evidence of this happening and it has always worked again after several minutes of continued driving.

There is the possibility your sensor is faulty so it will be interesting to see if any faults are logged.

• Like 1

Well. in theory, the radar should be able to spot stuff we can't ?

Anyway, whilst one failure was in snow, the other two were in clear dry conditions (anyway, it works fine in rain, or did !)

sorry to jump in here i asked for help on here for a fault thats come up on my skoda superb elegance 2.0 diesel mk2 4x4 its  done 26000 now its a2012 mk2 and as i read some of your threads it seems that you guys now  loads of info that i dont so it seemed prudent that someone would have come across my fault its agreat car had no trouble with it in15 months but now the cruise control is got a fault its manual and the other day i was in 6th turned cc on pushing toggle to increase speed which it did until approx 58 mph it drops out i have tried a few times and it still drops out you can trick it by pulsing the toggle i can get it over 60.i have tried this in 3rd gear 4th and 5th with no fault but 6 it does not like as the car has only done26000 i would not have thought this would be going wrong any know of afault like this any help welcome

On 26/02/2023 at 12:28, MartiniB said:

+1 for 2016 Mk3 😞

where length of Long Coding is 11 Bytes

while 2023 Mk3.FL length of Long Coding is 24 Bytes

there must be also some intermediate version,
after ~2017. and before FL came new [Mode] button on bottom side of Cruise Control stick

Capture.JPG

Mine is a 2017 Pre FL 280 SEL and it has this mode button. I'm away at the moment but I will check the coding to see if normal Cc can be added to the menu when I get home. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, partyanimalcars said:

sorry to jump in here i asked for help on here for a fault thats come up on my skoda superb elegance 2.0 diesel mk2 4x4 its  done 26000 now its a2012 mk2 and as i read some of your threads it seems that you guys now  loads of info that i dont so it seemed prudent that someone would have come across my fault its agreat car had no trouble with it in15 months but now the cruise control is got a fault its manual and the other day i was in 6th turned cc on pushing toggle to increase speed which it did until approx 58 mph it drops out i have tried a few times and it still drops out you can trick it by pulsing the toggle i can get it over 60.i have tried this in 3rd gear 4th and 5th with no fault but 6 it does not like as the car has only done26000 i would not have thought this would be going wrong any know of afault like this any help welcome

This would be best posted as a new topic in the mk2 Superb section 👍

• Like 1

On 26/02/2023 at 10:41, JR RS said:

+1

My Superb MY17 also doesn't have the ACC long coding for Cruise Control mode.

Does your 2017 also have the mode button on the Cc stalk?

7 hours ago, MarkyTDI said:

Does your 2017 also have the mode button on the Cc stalk?

Yup, it does.

The Mode button switches between ACC radar cruise and Speed Limiter cruise.

The Speed Limiter cruise sucks because it won't let u accelerate beyond the set speed, no matter how much throttle u give it.

As previously indicated - it would've been nice if a 3rd option could b selected with mode button, to have regular cruise control.

6 hours ago, JR RS said:

As previously indicated - it would've been nice if a 3rd option could b selected with mode button, to have regular cruise control.

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread ☹️

On 20/03/2023 at 16:28, Jonboy984 said:

This is exactly what I was hoping for when I started this thread ☹️

I'd like some option for mine which doesn't even have the button on the ACC stalk. 

Following this thread like a hawk 🤣

• Haha 1

On 20/03/2023 at 09:48, JR RS said:

Yup, it does.

The Mode button switches between ACC radar cruise and Speed Limiter cruise.

The Speed Limiter cruise sucks because it won't let u accelerate beyond the set speed, no matter how much throttle u give it.

That’s curious what you say about it not letting you exceed the limit. I’ll have to try this sometime in mine but I know my wife’s fabia mk3 (which only has the limiter option) does let you exceed it if you go full throttle?

1 hour ago, SkudMissile21 said:

That’s curious what you say about it not letting you exceed the limit. I’ll have to try this sometime in mine but I know my wife’s fabia mk3 (which only has the limiter option) does let you exceed it if you go full throttle?

Hmm..... admittedly I didn't give it FULL throttle.

Will try full throttle next time and c if that makes a difference.

On 25/03/2023 at 22:12, JR RS said:

Hmm..... admittedly I didn't give it FULL throttle.

Will try full throttle next time and c if that makes a difference.

Just to update I tried this recently and can confirm full throttle triggers kickdown and all hell braking loose with the annoying noises to say you’re exceeding the set limit! 😆

22 hours ago, SkudMissile21 said:

Just to update I tried this recently and can confirm full throttle triggers kickdown and all hell braking loose with the annoying noises to say you’re exceeding the set limit! 😆

I tried this today - no deal, at least on mine.

Set the Cruise Control mode to Speed Limiter, set the speed, accelerate normally to reach the set speed, then put pedal to the metal!!!

The car didn't even flinch!!!

U say that u get annoying sounds when u exceed the limit - I'm pretty sure u r experiencing the "Speed Warning" feature, which is set via the Instrument cluster in the dash.

This independent of the Cruise Control set speed.

This would explain why u can exceed the Cruise Control set speed.

Wat is ur Speed Warning set to?

In my case, the Speed Warning is set to 120 km/h, cause the max allowed on Australian freeways is 110 km/h.

When I'm on the freeway, I set the ACC to 115 km/h.

When I accelerate to overtake and IF I exceed 120 km/h - I get the boings and on screen warning message, that will only disappear when I drop back below 120 km/h.

Edited by JR RS

Nope it’s not the speed warning feature, never used it since owning, it’s never been set and the menu option has been removed from my scrolling options!

the warning noise happens on my wife’s Fabia as well which only has the limiter instead of cruise. If you exceed the set limit while using it (say when going down a hill as it doesn’t brake for you like adaptive cruise does) then it starts binging at you which is very annoying.

my car has the adaptive cruise and speed limiter option, adaptive cruise holds the set speed until I manually brake, slows down for traffic and allows me to exceed the limit with no audible warnings whereas when I set it to speed limiter mode via the button underneath the stalk it behaves exactly as the Fabia system - throttle application less than 100% does the set limit, no automatic braking for traffic, does not turn off with braking and audible warning if the limit is exceeded by much more than about 1mph. Full throttle allows the limit to be overridden but is accompanied by the audible chimes until it is disabled or I slow down.

the limiter is pretty much pointless really and a frustrating feature on a car that has the radar sensor for emergency braking and hence should be capable of having cruise control.

• Like 1