Navigon updates

HampshireHog

Hi everyone, we have had our Citigo for about 8 months now and my wife loves it. She decided she'd like to have the Sat-Nav fitted on the dash. Having purchased this from eBay everything works ok I think but I'd like to ask some questions.

Can these units be updated? If so, how?

As this Navigon came from a Seat Mii, can I change the start logo?

I can see all these items in folders when connected to my PC but not sure really what I'm doing.

Many thanks in advance

If it's the PID that came before the switch to the Move & Fun app you may well be out of luck. Skoda stopped supporting the PID a couple of years ago so there's a fair chance Seat and VW stopped too. I can still plug my sons into the PC to see all the folders but the Skoda website that updated maps etc no longer exists.

With a bit of fiddling and pretending you've got a VW you could update the map here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen/navigation-map-update.html?---={"myvolkswagen_navigation-map-update_featureappsection"%3A"%2F%3F{\"selectedCarId\"%3A\"upFrom2016\"%2C\"selectedNaviId\"%3A\"garmin\"}"} 

Is there a max size for sd card? I’ve 128gb one brand new out the box, copied unzipped files on to it and put it in the slot and get “sd card Error. Check sd card”. Genuine Kingston card so not cheapy one either. On my laptop the folders and files look fine

Edited by Nigel_S

Scroll to the bottom of the download page and there is a bit entitled 'need help with installation' with a link to a PDF giving instructions to install. Here is a direct link...

https://www.myvolkswagen.net/weatweb/feature-apps/nmu/assets/installationGuides/en/garminManual-en.pdf

On 25/03/2023 at 17:31, Nigel_S said:

Is there a max size for sd card? I’ve 128gb one brand new out the box, copied unzipped files on to it and put it in the slot and get “sd card Error. Check sd card”. Genuine Kingston card so not cheapy one either. On my laptop the folders and files look fine

This is answered in the above PDF, max size is 4GB.

If anyone runs this update I'd appreciate knowing how it went.

Edited by Luckypants

8 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Scroll to the bottom of the download page and there is a bit entitled 'need help with installation' with a link to a PDF giving instructions to install. Here is a direct link...

https://www.myvolkswagen.net/weatweb/feature-apps/nmu/assets/installationGuides/en/garminManual-en.pdf

This is answered in the above PDF, max size is 4GB.

If anyone runs this update I'd appreciate knowing how it went.

that instruction seems to be for "This Update is intended only to be used with the PIDs (Portable System - Garmin unit)" and does not cover Columbus units - the last maps to update on Columbus is around 32Gb so a 4Gb card isn't going to cut it!  Think we are talking at cross purposes here, its the actual maps I'm looking to update

This thread is about updating the Garmin Navigon portable units used on the earlier Skoda Citigo (hence it is in the Citigo section) so I agree, you are talking at cross purposes to this thread. There are many other threads on this forum regarding updates to the Columbus system, so I suggest using the search function.

Ah, I was in one or two nav update threads in different tabs in Chrome, looking for info,  and have replied in the wrong one!  Will post it in the right one later!!  thank you for point it out 😅

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 25/03/2023 at 17:18, thebrighton said:

If it's the PID that came before the switch to the Move & Fun app you may well be out of luck. Skoda stopped supporting the PID a couple of years ago so there's a fair chance Seat and VW stopped too. I can still plug my sons into the PC to see all the folders but the Skoda website that updated maps etc no longer exists.

With a bit of fiddling and pretending you've got a VW you could update the map here: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolkswagen/navigation-map-update.html?---={"myvolkswagen_navigation-map-update_featureappsection"%3A"%2F%3F{\"selectedCarId\"%3A\"upFrom2016\"%2C\"selectedNaviId\"%3A\"garmin\"}"} 

Hi, Could you please tell me if this will work on the earlier Navigon units on the early Up’s? Thanks in advance