Hi all, 

I've looked everywhere online, I'm trying to find a specific dash panel as I need a new one. The panel I need is the rear demister panel with 2 cutouts. I've looked on ebay but no luck. If someone knows the part number maybe that would locate one for sale on ebay.

Trying to avoid main dealer prices 

Cheers

See pic to info.

04f896bd3e5b3f18c7d3d830722b8287_350485_44.jpg

HI,don't know if this will help,needed a front panel for my mk3 fabia all the ebay ones were wrong colour scratched etc, went to skokaparts.com and sent a request about the panel,had to send vin number etc but they got back to me with the correct panel, it did cost £91 for the part and delivery but it was the correct part,might be worth a try just to see if they can get one

12 minutes ago, Murdockman said:

HI,don't know if this will help,needed a front panel for my mk3 fabia all the ebay ones were wrong colour scratched etc, went to skokaparts.com and sent a request about the panel,had to send vin number etc but they got back to me with the correct panel, it did cost £91 for the part and delivery but it was the correct part,might be worth a try just to see if they can get one

Ummm I think £91 plus delivery is extremely over priced for a simple piece of plastic 1" x 3". I'll give that a miss I think.

Are you taking about the same panel I've circled in the picture? 

I think the number was 5J2 858 179E but it seems ALL the parts catologues don't recognise it and as with LOTS of Skoda parts the confusion between L/H / R/H and LHD and RHD exists,  so I took mine out to confirm

Number is correct as I assumed....

IMG_3217.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

I think the number was 5J2 858 179E but it seems ALL the parts catologues don't recognise it and as with LOTS of Skoda parts the confusion between L/H / R/H and LHD and RHD exists,  so I took mine out to confirm

Number is correct as I assumed....

IMG_3217.jpg

Thanks for getting back, I found one on ebay eventually.  It was from a vrs so has the aluminium strip on one side. So I'll probably end up taking that off

Screenshot_20230412_095527_eBay.jpg

I think it would be cheaper to order that new from the local dealer,

I doubt that was from a vRS, more like a special edition like a scout or similar, not ever seen that sliver trim on any vRS

Edited by UrbanPanzer

12 minutes ago, UrbanPanzer said:

I think it would be cheaper to order that new from the local dealer,

I doubt that was from a vRS, more like a special edition like a scout or similar, not ever seen that sliver trim on any vRS

I've not checked with main dealer, I'd guess it'll be around £20 ish. It cost me £50 for genuine center caps for my wheels. 

Here is the left hand blanker from the same breaker on ebay. Thay has a vrs badge with the aluminium strip

Screenshot_20230412_101035_eBay.jpg