Buildnumber: TP1A.220624.014.S908BXXU5CWEA
Status SE of Android: Enforcing

Car

Skoda Kodiaq Sport line
Year built: januari 2023
Hardware: H25
Software: 0320
Navigation database: 23.5
Software update not available, system appears to be up-to-date.

Original problem:

Android auto disconnects.

Therefore Android Auto disabled, however, I then noticed that the car indicates Hands-free tel (HFP). The connection to S22 Ultra is disconnected. During a call the bluetooth breaks down, then the bluetooth is restored, but the car does not pick up the call. The bluetooth connection with for example my smar****ch does hold.

Things I have tried so far:

• Phone rebooted
  • Provided phone with latest updates
  • Removed Bluetooth profile on the car.
  • Bluetooth connection reset on the phone
  • Changed Bluetooth AVRPC version from default AVRCP 1.5 to version 1.4 and version 1.6
  • Settings car reset to factory settings
  • And finally even reset the phone completely, without preserving settings, and brought it completely up to date.

But unfortunately to all attempts it still disconnects.

I hope you guys have some ideas, otherwise I am almost forced to buy a Samsung S23 Ultra, which I am not waiting for since it is just 4 months old.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I too am having these issues and stumbled upon this discussion back in April when I started having the same problems too  (pretty much to the day you guys did).  I've also tried everything from taking the car to the garage - they kept it for 4 days and on the basis their Samsung phone didn't disconnect, my car was deemed to be fine but 5 mins down the road my car was up to its old tricks with my phone. 

-I've reset the Android on my phone..

- I've done a factory reset of the cars settings..

- I've connected them with the cable first..

Nothing works.  

My Android moto company doesn't play up and my phone works fine in other cars (Skoda was trying to tell me it's my phone) 

I was on the phone to Skoda HQ yday about this and told them to look at this page and they said the only other thing i can try is to factory reset my phone which I'm loathe to do and don't see why I should!  I phoned Samsung who said they're aware of the problem and that the car companies cannot keep up to date with the phone companies software.  In the meantime, I can't use spotify either because it jumps like a scratched LP when my phone is connected and the flashing message is so distracting!  WhatsApp is playing up too and claiming not to be able to find people but I'm not sure if that's related.  

I'm at a real loss!  Apart from buying a new phone/ car I'm stuck with this problem. 

If anyone has struck gold with a remedy, please share! 

Oh....  And my phone disconnects even if it's with the cable so it's not the Bluetooth, deffo the Android Auto (which I've also reinstalled on my phone) 

Like another poster,  if the call is cut off and reconnects,  my phone doesn't and I just hear voices in my handbag! 

Just to add myself to the drivers wha has this issue.

Can cause some very dangerous situations when phone disconnects mid call.

Updated Infotainment on my Skoda Superb iV 2021, Updated Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.20230630_131112.thumb.jpg.0190b843525a5233d5167be4fefd0dcc.jpg

You phone SW might update once a month (or 2-3) for security patches.

Google will update software daily usually, or again every few days.

Samsung store will also update every few days.

The car's firmware in the radio... damn what every year maybe!?

All I can suggest is you press and hold your Menu/Setup button for 10 seconds to enter the engineering menu, and look for a value called Software Train and take a picture.

So I can at least see if there has been any firmware updates, and you can then choose to apply or not.

12 minutes ago, varooom said:

You phone SW might update once a month (or 2-3) for security patches.

Google will update software daily usually, or again every few days.

Samsung store will also update every few days.

The car's firmware in the radio... damn what every year maybe!?

All I can suggest is you press and hold your Menu/Setup button for 10 seconds to enter the engineering menu, and look for a value called Software Train and take a picture.

So I can at least see if there has been any firmware updates, and you can then choose to apply or not.

The apps are all updated as well and I regularly check Google Play/Galaxy Store. I'll try that suggestion with engineering.  Please be advised this might be a AA more then a Car/Phone, see the AA forum post here:

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/213805120/hands-free-phone-disconnect?hl=en

• Like 1

My old car firmware MST2_EU_SK_ZR_P0253T is able to work AA by USB (older radio) on S23U

Seems stable, but the MIB3 firmwares are not the best shall we say.

Best attack this from several angles for sure, car FW versions found, and what is on the phone (firmware and AA version)

Good luck, I will help to provide car FW information if this assists anyone.

Hi all,

I can only suggest that you pull all updates down for the car, update all apps on your phone (some underlying system/Android stuff plus Android Auto updated on mine last time).

Delete the phone from the car, delete the car from the phone.

Then.... Make the phone visible in Bluetooth, then plug it into the car with a USB cable.

Add the phone to the car (not the car to the phone), tick any boxes about syncing contacts etc, as Hands Free Phone.

The phone should connect to the car....

Then unplug the cable. After a couple of minutes, Android Auto found the phone via Bluetooth, and touch wood it's behaved since....

Good luck all, it's a right pain!

It's 100% not the Bluetooth as I turned my Android Auto off on my phone and while I now can't use spotify or the steering wheel button,  I had a lovely long conversation with my OH sitting on my drive waiting to be disconnected but wasn't. Not once did it disconnect driving to work either.  So... It's a choice between phone or spotify/ text dictating for me! 

10 hours ago, DaveP70 said:

Hi all,

I can only suggest that you pull all updates down for the car, update all apps on your phone (some underlying system/Android stuff plus Android Auto updated on mine last time).

Delete the phone from the car, delete the car from the phone.

Then.... Make the phone visible in Bluetooth, then plug it into the car with a USB cable.

Add the phone to the car (not the car to the phone), tick any boxes about syncing contacts etc, as Hands Free Phone.

The phone should connect to the car....

Then unplug the cable. After a couple of minutes, Android Auto found the phone via Bluetooth, and touch wood it's behaved since....

Good luck all, it's a right pain!

Superb 2022 model connected to Samsung S22+ here with car and phone up to date. I've had the same problem a couple of months now. Bluetooth for HFP keeps disconnecting, even in the middle of a phone call. Sometimes it's fine, others it will disconnect every 5 mins or so.

Tried DaveP70 technique, but it disconnected HFP almost immediately afterwards! 

I figure if enough us say there is a problem here, maybe Skoda/Samsung/Google might take notice!

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

I can't find enough 🤨 🙄 🤬 emojis to show how much I feel your pain guys!!!

I'm sure it's a case of Android Auto in the car isn't updated as frequently as on the mobiles, and there's some inherent incompatibility, so they stop talking to each other.

If there's anyone connected to Skoda on this forum, please help......

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1

I do believe I've sorted it, I've turned off the integrated/ E SIM setting in the car and it hasn't happened since🤞

Edited by peterposh
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, peterposh said:

I do believe I've sorted it, I've turned off the integrated/ E SIM setting in the car and it hasn't happened since🤞

Interesting!
While that might be a workaround for some, I believe it isn't for me as it would disable remote operation of charging, climate etc, right?

I'm actually thinking about buying a new phone... 🤯

I'm still able to use the gmaps voice, spotify and remote buttons on steering wheel work ..never used " remote operation of charging, climate" so wouldn't know, I've always had the climate control on auto  and occasionally change the temp via knob on dash

Edited by peterposh

I have contacted the main dealer 5 times to try & get my remote lock/unlock sorted, and they tell me it's done...... ahem, it still isn't! So that's why I would leave the eSIM enabled too.

What I recommended earlier in the thread has work for me (so far/currently!) - don't speak too soon though.......

Has anyone driven to their main dealer & asked them to look at it/set it up? Or do they say it's a problem with the phone as I would imagine????

This issue seems to be across a number of different mobile phone brands, but the common theme is Skoda..... anyone having same issue with Apple Carplay? I think it's either an Android issue, or a car firmware issue/incompatibility.....

@peterposh I notice you're in Newport, so assume that's Capitol Skoda? I take mine there for servicing, and while nice people, have failed to resolve my remote lock/unlock functionality numerous times.

Also offered to replace 2 x front tyres in the last service for £550! Politely declined their kind offer......and replaced them with Uniroyal RainSport for £320.

It's a shocker that this mobile functionality evidently doesn't work from new, and then they charge you to diagnose/fix (if they can)

• Sad 1

Yes that's where I took mine . They charged me £165 + vat to diagnose/update the software to sort out the "child lock error alarm" on my Mrs 2019 superb ,3 months on the lock is locking and unlocking on it's own, local garage says the lock is faulty and have ordered a new lock. 🤷

• Groan 1

Tried turning off the e-sim before driving home from work. HFP disconnected about 5 times in the 20 minute journey. I'm fairly sure now that this is a Samsung/Google problem. I've noticed my smar****ch disconnects from my phone at about the same time as the car....

I'm creased laughing that the profanity checker has removed the middle of your word "smarT WATch" 🤣

I think Samsung are 2nd to Google getting the latest Android updates, so I think there's an incompatibility between the latest Android on the mobile, and the cars firmware/Android Auto.

Really annoying for you.

Recent update to phone and car seems to have fixed 🤞🏻 things, both in the last 2 weeks. Behaved since!

I noticed mine did an update today which showed 'system update O3A1' ready for installation.

No idea what this update is for - anyone know?. Perhaps to do with AA.