ssssskoda Connect changed?

Seasider

I noticed this morning that the Skoda Connect icon on my mobile now says Skoda Essentials.  In addition, attempts to logon always come up with server not available,  (And, yes, my 'phone is connected to the internet.)

Has anyone else had this change in name of the app and/or problems connecting?

@Seasider

Yes, it happened to me overnight a week or so ago, couldn’t get it working for about 24 hours from the time the app was updated.

I contacted Škoda about it and it was working again within 24 hours of contacting them. I tried logging out and back in again but nothing would get it working initially and then when I did finally manage to log back in the image of the car had changed from my model to a pre facelift version. I contacted them again and once more within 24 hours the image of my car had reappeared.

So in summary probably worth dropping them an email first off and go from there 👍🏻

I used this email address:

*****@*****.tld

It seems they've redeveloped My Skoda a separate app.

I just downloaded it and logged in but it told me that my garage contains cars not supported and I should use Skoda Essentials.

Not sure how I feel about this - mine are a 2021 Kamiq and a 2019 Octavia...

I contacted Skoda support and they replied:

"Dear Gordon Whitehead,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

The new MySkoda Essentials app has been released and we would like to ask you to delete the app, restart your mobile device and to install MySkoda Essentials app again. After that, please try and log in.

If the problem persists, please provide us with the following additional information:

- A screenshot of the last error message received, including the associated timestamp (date and time of the error message).

- Your app version.

- Your smartphone model and its operating system.

As soon as we receive this information, we will forward them to our technical department for further analysis.

We thank you for your cooperation.

With kind regards,"

I did as they suggested and all now seems to be OK.  However, the name Skoda Essentials does have a basic, cut down ring to it.

@Seasider

Thats pretty much verbatim what I got back from Škoda too, I agree the ‘essentials’ moniker seems to cheapen it a little even though the functionality is unchanged.

• Like 1

I raised it because I was missing access to the app and had also noticed the change in name, from Skoda Connect to Skoda Essentials. 

What the updates are, other than the name and icon, I've no idea.

On 08/05/2023 at 12:18, Modders said:

@Seasider

Yes, it happened to me overnight a week or so ago, couldn’t get it working for about 24 hours from the time the app was updated.

I contacted Škoda about it and it was working again within 24 hours of contacting them. I tried logging out and back in again but nothing would get it working initially and then when I did finally manage to log back in the image of the car had changed from my model to a pre facelift version. I contacted them again and once more within 24 hours the image of my car had reappeared.

So in summary probably worth dropping them an email first off and go from there 👍🏻

I used this email address:

*****@*****.tld

There's not been a facelift yet so how can it change 

Over the past few days features have been disappearing from my MyEssentials app; for instance, the check as to whether the doors are locked and the windows shut and windows open are gone. Is this a problems others have had?  It was a new car in February so I SHOULD have the services available for a year. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it makes no difference.

5 minutes ago, HenPen said:

Over the past few days features have been disappearing from my MyEssentials app; for instance, the check as to whether the doors are locked and the windows shut and windows open are gone. Is this a problems others have had?  It was a new car in February so I SHOULD have the services available for a year. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it makes no difference.

Still there for me.

2 hours ago, skoda1982 said:
On 08/05/2023 at 12:18, Modders said:

There's not been a facelift yet so how can it change 

The image at the top of the page was of a face-lifted Karoq on mine originally, then the app crashed and when it came back online the image was of a white pre-facelift Karoq  but now it’s back to how it was to begin with as below.

The issue was across all models according to Škoda, but again not everyone was affected.

IMG_5502.jpeg

Edited by Modders
Typo

1 hour ago, HenPen said:

That happened to me too for a couple of days, Škoda knew of the issue and it was affecting most cars across Europe (but not all weirdly) but currently mine is back to normal.

Edited by Modders

12 hours ago, Modders said:

The image at the top of the page was of a face-lifted Karoq on mine originally, then the app crashed and when it came back online the image was of a white pre-facelift Karoq  but now it’s back to how it was to begin with as below.

The issue was across all models according to Škoda, but again not everyone was affected.

IMG_5502.jpeg

This is for the Kamiq owners not the karoq you in the wrong one that's why it's confusing move over to the karoq owners

2 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

This is for the Kamiq owners not the karoq you in the wrong one that's why it's confusing move over to the karoq owners

Wow…

It affected all models, you’re welcome.

4 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

I'm not sure whether you're trying to be humorous or rude, but as this is a general Skoda issue, there is no reason why an owner of a model other than a Kamiq shouldn't comment on the issue to help clarify things.

As for confusing the situation, Modders icon on the post does clearly say he owns a Karoq and so that is the car he is talking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seasider said:

I'm not sure whether you're trying to be humorous or rude, but as this is a general Skoda issue, there is no reason why an owner of a model other than a Kamiq shouldn't comment on the issue to help clarify things.

As for confusing the situation, Modders icon on the post does clearly say he owns a Karoq and so that is the car he is talking about.

I apologise was not ment to be rude. Not going to say more on this topic as my updated app works perfectly.

1 hour ago, skoda1982 said:

I apologise was not ment to be rude. Not going to say more on this topic as my updated app works perfectly.

I'm sure that you weren't, hence my suggestion that your comment might be in fun.  This is the problem with the internet and why it can generate so much friction (or why it can purposely be used to generate friction by some people, though not yourself), there is nothing other than the writer's words, whereas if you were in the same room  and were speaking together, there would be facial and body movements and voice intonation to convey/add to the meaning of what was being said.  Even in a 'phone conversation, the tone and inflection of the speaker's voice confirms the context of what they were saying.

My apologies to you, too, as re-reading what I wrote, I was somewhat hard on you.

• Like 1