New (to me) Superb 3 - KESSY question

20 Superb bought recently.

Original tag with the keys says KESSY. The last 2 VAG cars I had that had that on the tag had keyless entry.

Dealer replaced batteries on all 3 keys before I collected it.

Could the car have keyless entry but may need keys coded or re-paired to the car via the door lock ?

Or is there a specific 3 digit code for Keyless that would be on the build sticker.

Thanks

Edited by tom1362

Just now, Gizmo said:

What trim level?

don’t think any Superb had just keyless start (and not entry). 
Keyless entry can however be coded out. 

Thanks for reply.

SEL Tech I believe.

Yeah that makes sense about keyless start and entry.

I have have keyless start, but none of the keys open the car without the button.

Heard of a lad up the road changing battery in his Fob and losing keyless entry on his Passat.

Do your front two door handles have a small dimple on them?

Keyless entry only works on the front handles and even changing a key battery shouldn’t loose coding, unless it’s been dead for weeks, then maybe a small chance 

1 hour ago, ApertureS said:

Keyless entry only works on the front handles and even changing a key battery shouldn’t loose coding, unless it’s been dead for weeks, then maybe a small chance 

As its a 20MY keyless entry will work on all four doors.

2 hours ago, ApertureS said:

No dimple.

Another thing I noticed is that the car doesn’t lock on the first hit of lock buttons on any of the 3 key fobs.

It always takes the second hit of the lock button on either Fob for the car to lock.

17 hours ago, tom1362 said:

SEL Tech I believe.

You seem to be a bit unsure of the exact model you have, there is an SE, SE Technology, and also an SEL models.

Both SE Tech & SEL had KESSY for a 20MY, yet you say the door handles have no dimple which would indicate no keyless entry.

A few questions: Are you in the UK, is it a UK specification car, is it keyless start or do you have to put the key in the ignition, and does it have an electric boot lid and heated seats? (it may help us understand exactly which model you have).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cnc said:

You seem to be a bit unsure of the exact model you have, there is an SE, SE Technology, and also an SEL models.

Both SE Tech & SEL had KESSY for a 20MY, yet you say the door handles have no dimple which would indicate no keyless entry.

A few questions: Are you in the UK, is it a UK specification car, is it keyless start or do you have to put the key in the ignition, and does it have an electric boot lid and heated seats? (it may help us understand exactly which model you have).

Yeah looks like I was unsure the model.

Turns out it is a SE not an SE Tech.

That answers that question so. Poverty spec car 😁

Imported UK car to Ireland
SE on Logbook

20MY

No Dimples

Keyless start, start/stop, button on steering column

No electric Boot

Yes Heated Seats

A5C533D8-D1D6-4381-83A6-253F4A79C108.jpeg

Edited by tom1362
Add Photo

4 hours ago, tom1362 said:

Yeah looks like I was unsure the model.

Turns out it is a SE not an SE Tech.

That answers that question so. Poverty spec car 😁

Imported UK car to Ireland
SE on Logbook

20MY

No Dimples

Keyless start, start/stop, button on steering column

No electric Boot

Yes Heated Seats

Glad we've got that sorted, it can be quite confusing with the different features from model to model. Hope you enjoy your Superb ownership.