Steering problems

Hi have just fitted new steering pump as last one failed with no communication issues.The new pump is showing fault 

00816 POWER STEERING SENSOR (G250) 30-00 OPEN OR SHORT TO PLUS. any help would be appreciated.thanks.

No connection between scanner and pump ,steering pump would come on then go off intermittently so checked wiring could see no fault changed battery was still the same .So changed pump and have connections to pump but fault showing IMG_20230515_150102248_HDR.thumb.jpg.d483f4d6a6a44b198b2d6a6e019423ae.jpg

• Groan 1

The only coding for the pumps is the 'steering weight' which is adjustable within a small range. Nothing that would make it not work, nor generate a fault code relating to the angle sensor.

The simplest explanation of what you're seeing is that there is a fault with the turn rate sensor (G250) or the wiring to it, or connections at either end thereof.

Edited by Breezy_Pete
typo

Hi another pump from Skoda parts Europe the site you sent me on last post . Took car out today though light is still on steering assist seems to be working but I noticed on the scanner it wasn't reading any angle message.

Yeah, there's an emergency mode it can go into that still provides some assistance even if there's no angle sensor info. 

From the relevant SSP doc 

"Substitute function If the sensor fails, the power steering moves into a programmed emergency mode. The steering function is assured. The steering is slightly heavier to operate."

Hmm, having looked at wiring diagrams, I'm now wondering if your car even has an angle/turn rate G250 sensor on the rack. Can you have a look please? It'll be on the driver's side on the bit that goes up towards the steering column. Or is there a cable connected to the 3-way connector on the pump?

Hi an update on my vehicle saw a video on yt of guy with same problems.The solution was code 11250 . Seems the three connection pump looks for sensor g250 on cars which only use two of the connections and have g85  hope this help someone in the future and thanks for all your assistance 👍