Antenna amplifier

On my fabia - (2009 Model)  I was told the amplifier was the coil bit around the aerial running the full length. But I think on the estate isn't it part of a line across the rear window or furthest rear side windows? - looks a bit like heating element - although sometimes this is for a factory fitted digital DAB aerial.

Hello Dimple, welcome to the forum. The lines around the rear side window (which look like heating elements) is the antenna itself on the estate - at least it is on the Mk3.

I cannot confirm location of amplifier - but likely to be behind the lining trim panel in the trunk. 

Edited by Warrior193
repetition

Thanks for the info, but i have discovered the amplifier is in the aerial, removed from car and inside the aerial base is a printed circuit board, it did't look to bad and gave it a gentle clean with alcohol but did not fix the problem, looks like a new aerial base is what i need

• Like 1

The base of the radio aerial is the amplifier.

picture attached for confirmation.

aerial.jpg

Whats the issue your actually having ?

Poor reception ? there is also an aerial in the front screen, have you had a new screen recently ?

Edited by UrbanPanzer

Hi and thanks for the info, the problem is the radio comes on for 2 seconds and then off for 2 seconds and keeps repeating this cycle, it is the original wind screen, there is a line down the center of it so i presume this is an aerial, i'm going to try another aerial to see if this fixes it