Rns retrofit, air bag light.

Hi I have a 2014 superb estate 1.6tdi Business edition. I did the swap from rns315 to rns510, my BT module in under the drivers seat ok, all working well, wanted to use the voice contole for nav etc so bought another mic (green block) and fitted it and set it up ok, the voice control seems to work ok but I now have a airbag warning light on that won’t reset, now the original green block connector has four wires to it , 1and 7 must be the original mic ones, are pins 2 and 8 to do with the airbag. On replacing to the original green block the airbag light resets, can I swap the other two cables to the new green block ?? Will that sort the reset airbag problem. Hope this is easy for you all to understand. Many thanks in advance..

17 hours ago, Yorkyni said:

Hi I have a 2014 superb estate 1.6tdi Business edition. I did the swap from rns315 to rns510, my BT module in under the drivers seat ok, all working well, wanted to use the voice contole for nav etc so bought another mic (green block) and fitted it and set it up ok, the voice control seems to work ok but I now have a airbag warning light on that won’t reset, now the original green block connector has four wires to it , 1and 7 must be the original mic ones, are pins 2 and 8 to do with the airbag. On replacing to the original green block the airbag light resets, can I swap the other two cables to the new green block ?? Will that sort the reset airbag problem. Hope this is easy for you all to understand. Many thanks in advance..

Hi, I have VCDS-Mobile, the issue is on the original green block there are 4 wires from it, the new one has 2!, and the air bag light won’t reset, put the original green back in and airbag resets. So if I take out the 2 other cables and add them to the new green block will this sort the issue.??. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, chimaera I did plug in original mic, but it only allows for phone voice control!, the top right button on the rns510 allows for full control with another min installed but on doing that yes I have full voice control, but the Air bag warning light stays on won’t reset. Hence my first question re cables. Cheers.

I'd suggest getting the wiring diagrams from https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/erwin/showHome.do

An hour's subscription will probably be enough to get what you need, but a day would give you a bit more time to navigate around. You'll need your VIN.

TBH I'd be really surprised if the microphones were different, it's probably a wiring issue.

So having had a quick look, I can only see one microphone listed for the Superb in the parts catalogue. It should connect to a 12 pin connector at the head unit, on pins 1 (black) & 7 (white), connecting to pins 1 (black) & 2 (white) on the microphone. The rest of that 12 pin connector is going to the BT module.

Hi all, chimaera, the green 12 pin plug has 4 wire’s from it 2 are the microphone they go to the bt unit under the drivers seat, the other  2 must be to do with the Air bag yes?, it’s these 2 wire’s that I am asking about and whether I can take these out and put them into the new green block that has the mic wires going to it ?.. sorry if I’m not clear, think I will take photo of the two green blocks original and replacement ok might be easier to understand yeh. Thanks mate.

• 3 months later...

when you installed the radio, you disconnected the front "airbag off" light correct? you turned the ignition on or to accessory while the panel was not connected right?

then you have to reset the error code. next time, don't unplug the airbag stuff with the key in the ignition.