Conflicting opinions from Skoda dealerships about SmartLink . . .

I've recieved differing opinions from 2 EuroSkoda dealers in Sussex about the possibility of authenticating SmartLink on my 2017 Spaceback. One says it absolutely cannot be done, and the other was unsure but will "get back to me". 

I've read posts in here suggesting it can be done, but seems to be overcomplicated and theres a chance my device wont be compatitble.

Can anyone confirm if the SmartLink on my infotainment was never going to work, or if it can be done? Seems odd that the SE Tech version I have wouldn't be able to support this. 

Let's see what is installed in your car, press and hold down your Menu/Setup button for about 10 seconds to enter the hidden Engineering menu.

Then locate Software Train, and post image of this value seen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, varooom said:

Let's see what is installed in your car, press and hold down your Menu/Setup button for about 10 seconds to enter the hidden Engineering menu.

Then locate Software Train, and post image of this value seen.

Here we go! 

16863253664761485372778664260720.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just did mine over the weekend.  There's a lad on Facebook from Romania, charging 50EUR.  He sent me one download with the firmware and then another with the activation codes (he needed my VIN number for these).  He called me a few times to walk me through the process, nice bloke.

I downloaded the firmware to an SD Card, inserted it, ran the update, then repeated the process with the activation codes.  My 2017 Rapid now has SmartLink with AndroidAuto and CarPlay enabled.  

• 6 months later...