After a cleaned DPF soot measured still going faster than calculated

Hello everyone!

I just asked my mechanic to clean the DPF by a professional, but in a first route the soot measured is still going up faster than soo calculated, mechanic recalibrated the filter.. should it recalibrate the differential pressure sensor too? Or iam not sure what is the case here.

Thank you,

There is always a small difference, sometimes of 7g or more in my case, I consider it normal. What was the oil ash mass before you clean the DPF? Or why did you clean it?

IMG_3385.jpeg

I cleaned it because it was regenerating a lot like under 200kms does not matter what.. and I am kind of a "stupid" guy who analyzing those stuffs. It is clean I believe now, cleaned like 100kms ago. It is EUR6 dam not a nice engine, some eur5 runs 800-1000kms with one regeneration I want around 5-600kms, have to check turbo, injectors? Turbo catching up so good, but in 4th and 5th gear a slight lazyness. 1.6 cr cxxb 235k km

Cleaned at 58.5g the limit is 80.

Edited by truestory

Mine regenerates after 110 miles (170 km) but most of my driving is in traffic. I never stopped the regenerating, maybe in emergency situations . It takes in my case 15 minutes and more if the car is not stationary. 

You need to check the live data values for the injectors, but I'm not sure about the turbo. Before going to a mechanic, inspect the engine for any leaks and periodically monitor the oil level to see if it's dropping, and in the worst case, if it's rising. Fuel quality is crucial, and I personally use Esso and Shell. About a year ago, I almost cleaned my injectors as suggested by the mechanic because my engine was very noisy. I used diesel from BP. However, after refueling from a different place, everything went back to normal

The point is like the computer inside of it, because of an EU6 it reteaches itself so learning the new conditions, did not regen under 340km and the soot it 75%. It is interesting that how the car reteaches itself, by the way I will check the injectors cause do not want to clean the DPF again in the next 4-5 years. 🙂

200 km regeneration is normal interval for EA288 EU6 engines in city or more spirited mixed driving. And 400+ for highway.

There are others like you who have cleaned their DPF, reset the ash level to 0 and still observe similar regen intervals.

Maybe only a remap can extend these periods, but the question is does it worth it since everything is fine on the car. Just drive and ignore it :)