All in One Service Plan - Excludes Brake Fluid change?

MJ1

Hi, just seeing if anyone else has had the Brake Fluid Excluded from their All in One Policy or Included?

The Paperwork I had when I signed up did not mention it directly as excluded and I had assumed it was included as part of standard service items.

Included below is the Excluded section and it states all Non Standard Service work and Cam belt.

So is a Brake Fluid change standard Service work or not?

Just trying to save £75 if I can avoid it....

image.thumb.png.042abd588c65c44f178c829ec60e59d9.png

• Like 1

OK I did some more digging oin my computer and found the glossy booklet saying what was included and not and it is made clear there it is not...

Pity the contract is vague...

Ohh well I guess £75 it is and maybe a new CamBelt...

🙄

image.thumb.png.749c493e52d70f5336cb6ee841326b42.png

• Thanks 1

Brake Fluid changes @ 3 years and then each 2, or even at each 2 years as shows now for some models has never been parts of a Standard Service, what ever that is.

Minor / Interim & Major, or Major and Major, or even some Service Plans. Or Oil & Inspection Services or Extended Scope.

Capture.JPG.d4b3472c9719ddab217821602b0a27a5.jpeg.45cadeaf036a2c68451c80af540d363a.jpeg.2a3b07796596e661a54c927557e27def.jpeg

827614452_SkodaFixedPriceServicing.JPG.3dbea7606c029076ed94e2f0216199b6.jpeg.689c25a185d90e4e44889f342770023b.jpeg

1168293554_37335614_Screenshot2021-09-14at07_38_18(3).webp.ee5b8a609f78b3b2f42441d7532010fa.webp.7a4df2218b4ca3bd9c93f005722f4674.webp

1221833257_Screenshot2020-10-03at13_19_19.jpg.c743b2191e0cb186e97d46c7df84c5cf.jpg.13ba07661c3c8cb4ea7010a9dfafa032.jpg.28e71de8246078c047e48290e84a1a75.jpg

Edited by toot

Thanks I know what is required which would imply it was standard service work - The question was

So is a Brake Fluid change standard Service work or not?

All perhaps moot as I have found documentation that specifcally excludes it - even though the contract paperwork is vague...

Edited by MJ1

It is not STANDARD as there are Skoda , VW, SEAT, Audi Approved used cars that are over 3 years old and not had Brake Fluid Changes.

Even ones that had 3 or 4 years SERVICE PLANS.  Fleets cars etc.

So is it a Scheduled item, a Recommendation, a Guideline or a Specification?

The Brake Fluid can be checked / tested for H20 content.   No many Dealerships do that, some might, some might if asked to. 

• Thanks 1

Vague?  Perhaps I don't see things from other peoples point of view but I thought the All-in-1 offer was very clear.  ( which is very un-Skoda like for once ! ).

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

2 services ( equal to one minor, one major ), 2 MOT's, breakdown recovery for 2years and 2yr warranty. What's the problem?

If there's anything not listed wouldn't the default assumption be it's NOT part of the offer?

PS - Save £75 on brake fluid?  You can get it much cheaper than that if you shop around.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

1 hour ago, kodiaqsportline said:

PS - Save £75 on brake fluid?  You can get it much cheaper than that if you shop around.

Yep £50 at Halfords.

Yep a fair assumption to make if not listed not included, anyway I think I will let them do the brake fluid saves a journey and a seperate visit to Halfords (or anyone else). It will keep it in warranty and clearly done by a Skoda garage...

Thanks for the responses...

19 minutes ago, MJ1 said:

Yep £50 at Halfords.

Yep a fair assumption to make if not listed not included, anyway I think I will let them do the brake fluid saves a journey and a seperate visit to Halfords (or anyone else). It will keep it in warranty and clearly done by a Skoda garage...

It is a bit of an odd one, the exclusion is brake fluid, not the changing of the fluid which is a recommended service requirement every 2 years.

Therefore could argue have to pay for the new fluid, but not the Labour time to do it under the all in one (where cost of doing the service is included).  

The wording is quite loose, especially as the standard major service includes remove wheels and check brakes (per Skoda schedule as quoted by @toot above), so a chunk of the required labour is included anyway.  It should at the very least be cheaper than stand alone job, because no one will put wheels on, then take them off again to do both jobs separately.

Edited by SurreyJohn
  • Love it! 1

Be sure they do that Road Test.

Be sure the Body Inspection and report is done for the Corrosion Warranty.   If Skoda says no record of being done there is a record of who it is and where not doing them.

For Octavia with a VAQ front diff, not only are many not getting done as were @ 3 years / 30,000 miles or as now @ 2 years, owners might not be told required.

They might ask and be told it is advised, or optional!

2061432440_Screenshot2022-06-2612_15_18.jpg.7920dab732fe96abad02710edbaf22a7.jpg

442161726_Screenshot2022-06-2612_37_23.jpg.c359446c95dd91a2e211696f8a5ed065.jpg

1 hour ago, MJ1 said:

Yep £50 at Halfords.

You may already be aware of this so apologies if you are, but sign up to their motoring club ( free ) and you'll get £5 off that fluid change.

They also have a Premium club ( costs £49 ) which includeds £10 voucher + 5% off which makes brake fluid £37.50 + includes an MOT  ( useless if you're taking All-in-1  tho ).

But keep checking special offers. Last year I checked hotukdeals.com and received further money off. Using all the offers the MOT cost £24 at National ( part of Halfords ) and fluid change was something like £39. You can usually find someone doing an offer - you just missed one from ATS. 

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

It is a bit of an odd one, the exclusion is brake fluid;'.

Therefore could argue...

The wording is quite loose...

That's after MJ1 wrote:   The Paperwork I had when I signed up did not mention it directly as excluded.  Included below is the Excluded section...

I'm confused.   Why are people are looking at the 'excluded' list to see whats included?  Why not just look at the 'included' list?

• Like 1

I am considering the all in one for 2 more years so I feel I am tied to getting them to do it. If I was going to get rid of it sooner I would take a different approach.

I am hoping by 2 years the EV market will have settled a bit and perhaps slightly longer battery range cars of similar size will be available.

The EV 64 kWh kona we have is excellent but slightly too small. Excellent range and every bit an equal or better than Skoda.

Edited by MJ1

Brake fluid change was included under the 'All-in-one' service schedule that I had completed last month on my Karoq - also included oil change, air and pollen filter change and extended scope. 

• Love it! 1

5 hours ago, Skodasav said:

Brake fluid change was included under the 'All-in-one' service schedule that I had completed last month on my Karoq - also included oil change, air and pollen filter change and extended scope. 

Pity I am not using your dealer...

I wonder how they will cross charge it to Skoda? 

Anyway that is their problem and you have had a bonus.

8 hours ago, Skodasav said:

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong but are you saying all of those were included at your serive last month?

I may be completely wrong, but if you are, then I was under the impression the pollen filter change and extended scope occurred in alternate years  -  i.e. the two never occured on the same service.  Someone with more knowledge than me might be able to answer that one.

• Like 1

An Air Filter has shown for the last few years as due at 6 years / 60,000 miles.  (It should be checked and replaced as needed. IMO)

The pollen filter is at each 2 years, 20,000 miles. but that needs looked at / checked. 

But 3 pollen filters so the 3rd service if bi-annual and the Air Filter could be at the same time.

It used to be the Pollen filter @ 2 years which was sometimes called by Skoda a Major Service & the Spark Plugs or Diesel Filter @ 4 years / 40,000 miles

& the Air Filter @ 4 years / 40,000 miles & the DSG oil service.

Brake Fluid at 3 years then each 2.

Before that it was at 2 years then each 2.  (Some models are back to showing that.)

Haldex was @ 4 years / 40,000 miles, then changed / reduced to @ 30,000 / 3 years.

The old system of charging for a Major Service @ 2 years old had many paying the same price as the 2nd Major Service @ 4 years / 40,000 miles.

Yet at 2 years no air filter provided / fitted, no spark plugs, or with a TDI a fuel filter.

Some places fitted fuel filters @ 4 years / 40,000 miles to TSI,s in for a service.

The whole Minor / Major, or Interim & Major, or just Major / Major was changed to Oil & Inspection & then Extended Scope and what is checked / changed is a mystery to many including the people doing the work.

There are places that do what should be done, check what needs doing etc.

Not opening an Air Filter box and checking for 6 years is really so ridiculous but happens.

Edited by toot

8 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Perhaps I'm reading this wrong but are you saying all of those were included at your serive last month?

I may be completely wrong, but if you are, then I was under the impression the pollen filter change and extended scope occurred in alternate years  -  i.e. the two never occured on the same service.  Someone with more knowledge than me might be able to answer that one.

Whilst new to me, the car has just turned 4 years old with 16000 on the clock. It's a 1.5 petrol DSG 4x4. It's my first Skoda and this was my first visit to the dealer for a service. I've read plenty of horror stories about visits to dealers and I agree, you have to have your wits about about you, but I can't fault the service I received. I dropped the vehicle off, they gave it the once over and told me what they recommended and i let them get on with it - they even changed the batteries in both key fobs as part of the service.

• Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

The All-in-1 service allows for one pollen filter change and one extended scope during the duration of the package. According to the service schedule, the pollen filter would be changed year 2 and 4 so that's bang on and explains why your pollen filter was changed this service.

Extended scope? But that's only scheduled to be done in years 3 and 5 so that's what was confusing me as to why it was carried out at this service.

Both items are included in the All-in-1 program, but are done at different services / years.  Then when you said that the brake fluid was also included makes me wonder.  Are you 100% sure it's Skoda's All-in-1 service program that's being carried out on your car or could it be a service schedule unique to the particular dealer you purchased the car from?   i.e. you can only have the services completed by that dealer? Whatever you have, it sounds all right. 👍

Take lots of negative feedback from dealers with a pinch of salt. Typically people come to forums to complain, few people ever come to offer praise. That explains the heavy bias against dealers. As far as I can tell, none of them are short of business so they must be doing something right. :D   

• Like 1

Skoda have just confirmed that I don't need the Haldex servicing because I have a petrol - only required on diesel. I've learnt something new today then!

• Crying 1

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/514725-oil-change-on-4wheel-drive-system

@Skodasav

It needs doing, and properly.

?

Was this a Skoda UK or CZ employee or someone at a dealership, or was it AI / Bot? 

I would love to know what the person you spoke to does as a job.

Any more brain cells and they would be even more dengerous.

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg.a02b7415a1d5cff37ee0c9d7500d24af.jpg

Edited by toot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toot said:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/514725-oil-change-on-4wheel-drive-system

@Skodasav

It needs doing, and properly.

?

Was this a Skoda UK or CZ employee or someone at a dealership, or was it AI / Bot? 

I would love to know what the person you spoke to does as a job.

Any more brain cells and they would be even more dengerous.

870001910_Screenshot2023-01-0913_33_56.jpg.1f280cf19f68232da039c11a127bd6d9.jpg.a02b7415a1d5cff37ee0c9d7500d24af.jpg

Back on the phone tomorrow then !!