Getting my alloys re-furbished as they are starting to show some signs of their age, with stone chips, minor curbing and other bits and pieces.

Looking at the centre caps they are definitely going to need to be replaced as they look aweful.

Has anyone found any that actually fit properly without the need for padding them with tape? Been looking online and don't really want to spend £40/£50  on some genuine ones

(https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203473056445?var=0&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338268676&toolid=10044&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:1z1QuEFC6Trm7B0tgLRL2Jw36&customid=Cj0KCQjwk96lBhDHARIsAEKO4xZNfmyiVhCZkoKeadui1Z2cYONPuAe5mJvXOWpaZaZfcSwBYR0UUuIaAo1IEALw_wcB)

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/collections/skoda-exterior-accessories/products/skoda-alloy-centre-cap-new-style-emblem-5ja601151fod

Any links for ones people have used woudl be grately appreciated

The last couple of sets I've bought off ebay have cost around £10 for a set, but I've needed to throw a couple of rings of tape round to pad them out.

My original Skoda ones started to come apart within the first year or so. Like yourself, I wasn't willing to pay the price for them and chose the cheaper option.

Depending on the centre caps design, you might be able to peel the emblem off and replace them with these...

Edited by hhcd80
Wrong Link

I've really struggled with the same issue. I bought some cheap caps from eBay awhile back and found they are a crap fit. I peeled off the original fascia from the original cap and then used some stick on caps.

My advice is if you do remove the original fascias, as the fascias are domed use a blob of silicone underneath to help secure them to the caps. My OEM fascias were stuck to the caps like this. I think short of buying aftermarket from Super Skoda (at the same cost as OEM caps) you don't have alot of options.

Will aftermarket caps look as good as original caps? No, especially not cheap ones. Am I being fussy? Definitely, but pointless investing into getting the alloys nice if you can't sort the centre caps.

Buy nice or buy twice :) 

I've been here before too, and always ended up going back to SuperSkoda / Kopacek to get the pricier ones as there's less headache around making crap ones fit properly, or watch them flake off after 3 weeks. Agree with @Dooge re: pointless spending money on alloys if you're going to ruin their look with cheap centre caps.