Stupid question but... where is the radiator cap?

Never needed to know this before in five years of - stop laughing at the back - owning the car.

But where is it?   Google seems to think the coolant resevoir cap is the radiator cap but that can't be right.   No manuals, engine bay diagrams or other places seem to be much more help.

So... this is a 1.9 TDI mk2, where is the radiator cap?

I removed the one from my 70's 3 cylinder diesel micro-tractor yesterday to see if there was any fluid in the system, aside from my kit cars I think its the first time in over 30 years I have had a vehicle with a radiator cap.

The last car I owned with one was a 1984 Mitsubishi Shogun and I may even be wrong about that, it may well have been a traditional pressure cap but on an overflow tank.

It shows how reliable cars have become when we look for something that used to be a weekly ritual and find they have not existed for 30 + years!

OK, old school tried & tested atmospheric pressure overflow tank, the rad cap will have a small reverse flow valve built in, usually a small brass disc under the main pressure relief valve, they also have to have a rubber seal against the filler neck, any degradation in that and it wont draw back expelled coolant when the engine cools.

Pressurised expansion tank systems on most othr vehicles are intended to be "no loss" if working correctly, there must be a reason why proper 4x4's retain the 80's/90's system, perhaps related to wading?