Any coders that could lend a hand?

Aspman

44 minutes ago, Aspman said:

And yes some cars sound faster than they are going.

Previously I had an Audi RS4 which had switchable exhaust flaps (button on the steering wheel), having the exhaust in Sport mode was quite a bit louder and definitely changed peoples perception of speed.

A good friend in a nearby road would occasionally said to me "you weren't hanging about yesterday" on days when I had Sport mode on but was still within the 30mph limit (according to both speedo and GPS).

Are these DIY setups and amateur-operated speed guns actually admissible as evidence against drivers?

I would have thought only certifiably calibrated kit and professionally trained operators would be accepted...

Just now, Ttaskmaster said:

Are these DIY setups and amateur-operated speed guns actually admissible as evidence against drivers?

I would have thought only certifiably calibrated kit and professionally trained operators would be accepted...

Yes, to the point where Muniquip and similar Police operated systems can be out of calibration.

20 hours ago, Ttaskmaster said:

No. But they do provide evidence to support additional police patrols or modification to roads to improve safety.

However, for HGVs it might be different. The time code on each picture IS verifiable as it's linked to a proper interet timesource. That could be compares to the tacho on an hgv. i.e. there is a picture of you at x location at y time. this is a 40 what does your tacho say?

22 hours ago, Paws4Thot said:

Yes, to the point where Muniquip and similar Police operated systems can be out of calibration.

No!

The Police systems can go out of spec between calibrations but they will have been type approved calibrated and certified to be accurate and recalibrated no more than  6 or 12 months before in the worst case, anything else is not acceptable for evidential purposes.