Skoda connect

Widescreen

It’s free for the first year, why not sign up, see if you use it or find it useful and make up your own mind as to whether it’s worth paying for in the future.

• Like 1

To sussamb, I have told the dealer twice in the last 6 weeks  I dont want to sign up and your advice reflects what I am thinking, thanks.

Kenny R thanks for your input, your right I could always do that. I guess they want me signed up so they hope they can bill me next year.

• Like 1

Each to his own... but I wouldn't be without it, and as it's free for the first year what's the problem?

But remember that without it, you don't get updates to the maps, online traffic info, details of local petrol prices, online route calculations etc. The only reason I can see for ignoring these features is if you never use the built-in satnav system.

I also find the remote access features to link the car to the phone app very handy, as it passes on security warnings when the car alarm is activated. (So far this has only happened overnight, and has been triggered by a moth setting off the interior alarm, but it's still nice to know if someone is interfering with your car.)

Chris

• Like 3

CJJE, thanks Chis for your comments, as I may have said, I had no idea of any benefit. Strangely my sat nav updated on Tuesday and I've had a black screen and a frozen screen both before and after the update. I will keep an eye on it. I presume it updated the software and not the map.

My car also told me it was updating software today... but it was only the 'shop' bit of the infotainment system. In my experience the map database is updated in the background when you make a journey that ventures into an updated area, and I never see any warning that it is doing this. The only indication is when you check the system information screen and see the new date for the database.

Chris

Thanks again CJJE, Chris. With regard to Skoda Connect ( thanks to Kenny R) and considering this car does 3500 miles a year mostly local I personally  have decided not to sign up to this feature. No great benefit in my case.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

On 18/08/2023 at 21:29, Widescreen said:

Thanks again CJJE, Chris. With regard to Skoda Connect ( thanks to Kenny R) and considering this car does 3500 miles a year mostly local I personally  have decided not to sign up to this feature. No great benefit in my case.

I concur.

Question just bought a used MY18 Karoq, do I have to go to the dealer to validate my identity to enable the 'Care Connect' features that allow you to control some of the car's features and get alarm notifications?

Hi Oli, I've just parted with a 42 month old SEL and its been perfect, no faults. Hope you enjoy yours. To be honest , I dont know the answer to your question but I am sure someone on here will help. 

Thank you. We had to part ways with our beloved Superb Estate Greenline due to ULEZ. We really love the Karoq, our third Skoda but I still miss the vRS!

The Greenline was £30 road tax, 60+mpg and Sadiq Khan says it's bad and will kill people so it would have cost me £12.50 a day to drive into London.....

Edited by Oli

Not just your car but all vehicles that exceed the permitted pollution levels. Similar zones being created throughout Europe. I live in France and certain vehicles are banned in some towns, no way around it with no option to pay a daily charge. Folks die from pollution so not surprising that where it's high action is at last being taken.