Boot liner for ‘23 Kamiq

Benjo007

I got this soon after I got my Kamiq:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333906217362?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AKamiq&hash=item4dbe5c8992:g:VqgAAOSwBWZgPT6s&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8MdHXPaUMpobT8086uPT5Qd4aKJAHciVFtmZgZ%2BX8Kzz7MEmAFJXX1%2FLyy9C%2FJsjDbq05NMop%2FmFFzQOX4PxgG1qjdjgBFEgQDPrfHo%2FCtrR4VL3pNPy08zhurSESobCeToSePebcbC2vQUyEPn7I%2FlzyKa9wFQXXD45gX3ftU8XkEdF4c%2BTl0uYBwPV4fY57TrS85xwEdKsGdyxtGINEvSD2qwKrsOYuXYqKA0MKpiZqeUPbrzkfxPZqBTXBT0DoLosq3Sf6Z0PoM6k%2BTb%2Flagbv%2BAR3IEPpa81gCbSmtOw90FRigKXiztc6NseHmNudw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8jx08nBYg

I’ve posted my review of this some time ago on this forum so I’ve copied and pasted it. I couldn’t be more pleased with it. Much cheaper than the other ones I’ve looked at, and so I was worried that some corners may have been cut in its manufacture.  But it is excellent, slightly soft, with a textured surface which helps to stop things sliding about. Best of all it is a perfect fit, unlike some other generic offerings. It’s proved its worth already - food shop this week, went to unpack from the boot and one of the milk cartons had leaked.  All contained by the liner, took out and wiped down. Would have been a horrible mess on the carpet. 

Note - I don’t have the variable boot floor which might make a difference to the fit.

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

Thanks marineboy. Just changed my 7 yr old Octavia for Kamiq SE L and ordered boot liner via your link. Fits OK and looks good. Only issue was Evri's tracking info which took two days to catch up with progress and then only gave me an hours notice of delivery! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 19/08/2023 at 08:07, marineboy said:

I got this soon after I got my Kamiq:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333906217362?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AKamiq&hash=item4dbe5c8992:g:VqgAAOSwBWZgPT6s&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA8MdHXPaUMpobT8086uPT5Qd4aKJAHciVFtmZgZ%2BX8Kzz7MEmAFJXX1%2FLyy9C%2FJsjDbq05NMop%2FmFFzQOX4PxgG1qjdjgBFEgQDPrfHo%2FCtrR4VL3pNPy08zhurSESobCeToSePebcbC2vQUyEPn7I%2FlzyKa9wFQXXD45gX3ftU8XkEdF4c%2BTl0uYBwPV4fY57TrS85xwEdKsGdyxtGINEvSD2qwKrsOYuXYqKA0MKpiZqeUPbrzkfxPZqBTXBT0DoLosq3Sf6Z0PoM6k%2BTb%2Flagbv%2BAR3IEPpa81gCbSmtOw90FRigKXiztc6NseHmNudw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR8jx08nBYg

I’ve posted my review of this some time ago on this forum so I’ve copied and pasted it. I couldn’t be more pleased with it. Much cheaper than the other ones I’ve looked at, and so I was worried that some corners may have been cut in its manufacture.  But it is excellent, slightly soft, with a textured surface which helps to stop things sliding about. Best of all it is a perfect fit, unlike some other generic offerings. It’s proved its worth already - food shop this week, went to unpack from the boot and one of the milk cartons had leaked.  All contained by the liner, took out and wiped down. Would have been a horrible mess on the carpet. 

Note - I don’t have the variable boot floor which might make a difference to the fit.

Hope this helps. 

Would you say it's more foam-like, than plastic?  We had one in our Tiguan - came with it new as part of a VW "protection pack" - and that was quite a pliable foam.  It did cut a bit if something heavy and sharp impacted it, but it didn't really deteriorate i the 8yrs we had it.  I think a dog would tear it up though.

For the Kamiq I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084T99KYK/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_3p_dp_1

It's fairly stiff (not hard though) plastic, but it does have a good deep lip which was the main thing I was bother about in case something spilled and fits perfectly (car has a space saver spare but not sure what that means in terms of the boot floor).

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Would you say it's more foam-like, than plastic?  We had one in our Tiguan - came with it new as part of a VW "protection pack" - and that was quite a pliable foam.  It did cut a bit if something heavy and sharp impacted it, but it didn't really deteriorate i the 8yrs we had it.  I think a dog would tear it up though.

For the Kamiq I got this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B084T99KYK/ref=pe_27063361_487055811_TE_3p_dp_1

It's fairly stiff (not hard though) plastic, but it does have a good deep lip which was the main thing I was bother about in case something spilled and fits perfectly (car has a space saver spare but not sure what that means in terms of the boot floor).

I would say mine is more rubbery than plasticky or foamy. I doubt it would stand up to having builders’ rubble chucked in the boot but for normal domestic use it’s perfect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marineboy said:

I would say mine is more rubbery than plasticky or foamy. I doubt it would stand up to having builders’ rubble chucked in the boot but for normal domestic use it’s perfect. 

Thanks, that sounds better than the one we have,    I think the one we have in the Kamiq is 'adequate' but I might get the softer one for our Karoq - the dealer put a Skoda one in but it's flat as it's double sided with Velcro type stuff on the other side - meant to take the load holder things, that I can't see us ever using -  and it isn't even a snug fit.