Resetting Inspection Due - 2021 Superb

I searched inspection due, found one thread where it was said that this is locked, but I don’t think it is so posting this question.

This is doing my nut in.

following the sequence to get the reset option on the dash. As soon as I have is toggled over to “Service Interval Reset” the bloody service reminder comes up with a loud audible ding of course and the menu reverts back to the normal display. No matter how quick I try.

What’s the story with it? 

2 hours ago, xman said:

Have you tried the trip button method?

https://youtu.be/nYD-9GInI8Y

yes, that’s the method I’m using.

when I toggle over to “Service interval reset” the service reminder interrupts this, stays on the screen for 5seconds or so and the. The screen reverts back to the main display regardless of me having the trip button pressed or not.

I try to get to it as fast as possible and have it done before the service message comes up but can never get it done in time.

I think the trick is press the trip button and hold it down, turn ignition on, keep  the trip button held down, the service reset message appears, all the time keep holding that button and the inspection reset message then appears after a few seconds. Then release the trip button and repress to confirm.

Edited by xman
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, xman said:

I think the trick is press the trip button and hold it down, turn ignition on, keep  the trip button held down, the service reset message appears, all the time keep holding that button and the inspection reset message then appears after a few seconds. Then release the trip button and repress to confirm.

I thought I tried that and while still holding it, it reverted back to main display after message went away. 

However you have me questioning myself so I’ll try that shortly 

Thanks

54 minutes ago, xman said:

Tried keeping it pressed and 2 observations, firstly, keeping the trip button held only lets me as far as the “Oil reset” option, I have to unpress  and then press again to toggle to the next option “Service Interval reset”. Secondly, the inspection due message still takes over and then it reverts back to the main display page

Edited by tom1362

Ummm...

Maybe try this then (works on my fabia)

Make sure all doors/bonnet are closed

Turn on the harzard warning lights (yes)

Hold trip button down, turn ignition on, continue holding down the trip button until "inspection reset?" eventually shows, may take several seconds to pop up.

Finally release button, after a couple of seconds, press the trip button to confirm.

Turn off ignition followed by hazards

4 minutes ago, toot said:

@tom1362Is your car currently set for Variable / Flexible servicing and not Fixed / Annual servicing so this is why you can not reset it the way you are trying to?

Good point,

not sure, can i check without VCDS ? 

it says service in 3days under car settings, with no mileage mentioned. 

8 minutes ago, xman said:

Ummm...

Maybe try this then (works on my fabia)

Make sure all doors/bonnet are closed

Turn on the harzard warning lights (yes)

Hold trip button down, turn ignition on, continue holding down the trip button until "inspection reset?" eventually shows, may take several seconds to pop up.

Finally release button, after a couple of seconds, press the trip button to confirm.

Turn off ignition followed by hazards

will give it a go

worth a shot

32 minutes ago, toot said:

@tom1362What engine has your car and when do you know it was last serviced and what was done in the past 2 years?

UK import
DSRB 150 Tdi

1st service 21000 Miles 4th May 21

2nd service 42000 Miles 16th Aug 22

48k miles on the clock now looking for Inspection. With the Inspection message on since mid August it would align with a yearly? 

Edited by tom1362

35 minutes ago, tom1362 said:

It says service in 3days under car settings, with no mileage mentioned. 

Oh! I think you can only reset it  with the trip button AFTER the service is due. You'll have to wait another 3 days until it says service due now.

• Thanks 1

In the service menu on the infotainment it should give both time & mileage to next service information for Oil Change & Inspection. (They are separate timers)

If the Time to next Service or Inspection are different then you are on most likely on a "variable service interval" as toot suggested.

image.jpeg.3e8d5a61576a20fbd6a74946e3be2cd4.jpeg

On 23/08/2023 at 19:04, xman said:

Xman, 

You were correct with your post very early on. You even had it in bold about keeping the trip button down . 

what I was doing wrong was unpressing and pressing again to move from service oil reset to inspection reset.

thank you

i look forward to searching for the thread  in 30000km 😂

23 hours ago, Gabbo said:

In the service menu on the infotainment it should give both time & mileage to next service information for Oil Change & Inspection. (They are separate timers)

If the Time to next Service or Inspection are different then you are on most likely on a "variable service interval" as toot suggested.

image.jpeg.3e8d5a61576a20fbd6a74946e3be2cd4.jpeg

thank you for that

Did the oil service last night,

it would appear I am on variable so going by your image.

Mine is:

30k km inspection or 365 days

15k km oil or 365 days

15k km is perfect for me as I flush and oil service about every 10k miles

Edited by tom1362