Problems after removing stock resinator in my Skoda Octavia VRS 2014 TSI

Hi. im new this this forum but i wanted to hear if someone else might be experiencing this problem. i decided i wanted to get some better sound without changing out the whole exaust. Especially since i live in Norway where everyhing is 2x-3x in price. So what i ended up doing is cutting out the old resinator and replacing it with a straight pipe. the day when i did that ive used clamps as the solution to get a seal around the new and old pipes. immediately i noticed that there was an exaust leak but i didnt have time to fix it. so i ended up driving the car around 80km and then left the car overnight. after starting it in the morning i left and drove the car around half an hour. when i was about to pass a car the car suddenly lost power and sounded like it was only working a 2 cylinders. The EPC lamp came on and so i stoped to check whats wrong nothing seemed wrong at the time so i started the car and kept on driving. but i saw that the car wasnt very happy. when i gave it more then 50% throttle the car would start to jitter and same thing happends. Fast forward a few days and ive used a carly to read the codes from the car where it came up with P030200. which stands for cylinder 2 missfire detected. and at the same time it came up with P130A00 that says Hide cylinder. no idea what this one actually means. i also tested the car when driving and it came up with a code that says P33B800 which stands for Cylinder 2 combustion misfire during direct injection detected. At this time ive swapped the coil from cylinder nr 2 and swapped it to cylinder nr1 and now the code has jumped from cylinder 2 to 1. but are coils a know issue on these cars? and will changing them fix this problem or do i have to put back the resonator? Ive also forgot that i also have welded the new pipe into the car so no more clamps solution and the car goes a little better but still same issue.

But why do i see all these guys on youtube and local that just remove their resonators and their cars are fine. And also one thing i dont understand is why the car drove fine the first day and then the second day it missfired... i understand that newer systems need to sometimes adapt and the car might of reset itself overnight but idk, im no professional just a normal guy trying to get some more tone and DSG pops :D

90%+ of misfire issues are simply electrical/ignition problems

So first check/change plugs and coils

Swap coils 1& 2 and see if the fault code move to cylinder 1 to see if the coil is to blame

• Like 1