Crazy Road Rage

I really don't understand some people. I was driving along yesterday, and I came up behind a tarted up punto with enough bodykit to fill a small shop. He was tootling along at 45mph on a straight A-road, which was clear, so I overtook him. Next thing I know, he's about 4 inches from my back bumper with the 3 people inside all making gestures and shouting expletives!:eek:

I just ignore them, and take the next turn off in the hope they'd carry on about their buisness. Nope! It pretty soon became obvious they were actually following me.:eek: I could only think of walkie's situation. My mobile phone was at home and I was a good distance from the nearest police statiion.

I nearly panicked, but decided that I'd rather try and lose them than have them sat on my bumper and/or do something that might be more dangerous for the distance to the police station. I cut across some lanes I know pretty well and really pressed on, thankfully it must have been a modestly powered vehicle because he couldn't keep up. As soon as he was out of sight, I turned off the road and cut back across country to home.

I obviously phoned it in (didn't manage to get his reg plate though, although it's bodykit was unusually massive so it's probably not hard to spot).

I just cannot believe some people could get like this just because they got overtaken?!:confused: :thumbdwn:

I can only assume they were drunk / drugged / maniacs or a combination.

Glad you're OK. I've had a few similar experiences with other mouth breeders, usually around East (of) Manchester, and it's not pleasant.

TBH I've stopper expecting strangers to be normal, and think it's just a sad sign of the times. I wouldn't bother trying to work it out, you cannot rationalise mad people.

this happens to me all the time if I overtake someone with the roof sign on, I don't bother now most of the time, I'll drive perfectly as the driving manual suggests, no speeding ect, and get abuse! don't know why some people get offended when you overtake them, if they were on a clear 60mph road on their driving test, and drove at 45 mph, they would fail for not making "reasonable progress" ...

note: last funniest one was when I went past a que (on the right lane) in the bus lane (left lane, bus lane only operates in rush hour, and it was 2pm) my roof sign has my number on, got a phone call from a member of the que saying "call yourself, a f***ing driving instructor driving in a f***ing bus lane..." ect, I politely suggeted he reads the next road sign that says the times when the bus lane operates, and he;s like.. "oh...er.... right...er... didn't know that...." *sigh.....

I really don't understand some people.

Yep, had similar happen before too. Really makes you think how many unhinged people are driving about on Britain's roads really :rolleyes:

Steve

They got overtaken by a Skoda.

That's a major challenge to their (perceived) street cred.

I used to drive around in my wife's FIAT Panda. Woe betide me if I had the nerve to actually overtake anyone. I never got as much grief from other road users as I did when driving that Panda.

note: last funniest one was when I went past a que (on the right lane) in the bus lane (left lane' date=' bus lane only operates in rush hour, and it was 2pm) my roof sign has my number on, got a phone call from a member of the que saying "call yourself, a f***ing driving instructor driving in a f***ing bus lane..." ect, I politely suggeted he reads the next road sign that says the times when the bus lane operates, and he;s like.. "oh...er.... right...er... didn't know that...." *sigh.....[/quote']

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Class.

Had similar in Chelmsford. Sat in the bus lane in a queue with a pupil and the guy next to us hoots and gestures us to put the window down. He states emphatically that we should not be in the bus lane. Pupil points to sign with times of operation on.

Red face, window up, us:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chris

If you get p##sed off by tailgaters, wash your windscreen regularly they get fed up with having to do their wipers and usually back off.

But dont- repeat DONT!!! try these as they are illegal:

- Hooking up your brake lights to a switch on your dash.

- Hooking up a windscreen wiper pump to your exhaust manifold with a resevoir of Redex to make a great smokescreen effect.

-Alternatively carry two large bouncer types with you at all times - Put down the rear windows and get them to put their burly tatooed arms out the car - Very few tailgaters will worry you -

Even better, Ignore them! I think it has a lot to do with the car--- Its a psychological thing as "The Ors" says.

- Hooking up your brake lights to a switch on your dash.car

Went one better than this when' date=' I had an old shunter and the wiring had broken off on the reversing switch. Unfortunately the switch was in a box under the car and not fancying the job of crawling underneath, I pulled the loom back into the car and wired up a flick switch to put the reversing lights on when ever I needed them.......[cough'] get rid of tailgaters at 70mph [cough]:thumbup:

Back in my teenage years when I used to hang out with the lads, there was a um girl? who used to drive a certain popular car back then. She was massive, built like a bloke and had the nick name b***ocks because of this.

She was the victim of some rage rage one evening. She finally took enough and stopped her car and got out to ask what the problem was. You should have seen the faces of the little dorks that gave her grief when she was walking towards them:D

If you get p##sed off by tailgaters' date=' wash your windscreen regularly they get fed up with having to do their wipers and usually back off.

But dont- repeat DONT!!! try these as they are illegal:

- Hooking up a windscreen wiper pump to your exhaust manifold with a resevoir of Redex to make a great smokescreen effect.

[/quote']

:D:D:D:D Used to have that :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I suspect it was just because you were driving a Skoda.

When I had the Octy vRS I went to overtake a chavved-up Cavalier on a back road, he was doing about 40 and I was doing about 60 mph. He actually pulled out in the middle of the road so I couldn't get past. Then he floors it and I keep up for a couple of miles, lets me past, then tries to chase me for the next 5 miles. It's a really twisty B road and I'm keeping pretty much to the speed limit, cornering fast, and he's sliding across the white line all the time on blind corners just trying to keep up. Eventually I signal to let him past, he's not interested :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Had an incident last night. Driving behind a Mini Cooper on a dual carriageway which wouldn't let me past. The driver booted it and I sat behind in 4th comfortably keeping up, so they used their screenwash and got my car wet :confused: :rofl:

When they couldn't outrun me I changed to 5th and overtook on the inside. As I past, the driver and passenger, both girls in their teens/early twenties, were shouting and swearing in a mad rage.

What's that all about?