Window Seal Failure

Fawcett

How old is the car, is it not a year old yet?

You can not just tell them to fix it, the responsible person will have to inspect it, that might be their warranty manager or Master Tech then maybe arrange for someone else to check it and then apply to Skoda to approve the warranty replacement of parts and paying the dealership to do it. 

7 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Devils advocate here, but its not been caught with a nasty ice scraper has it?

No, the material on top of the rubber is lifting off

car is out of warranty on Saturday, and the cars in the garage tomorrow for some warranty work so I was going to bring it to there attention

25 minutes ago, toot said:

You can not just tell them to fix it, the responsible person will have to inspect it, that might be their warranty manager or Master Tech then maybe arrange for someone else to check it and then apply to Skoda to approve the warranty replacement of parts and paying the dealership to do it. 

Car turns 3 years old on Saturday, so i think my final day for warranty claims will be Friday, cars luckily already in on Friday for the air blower being replaced under warranty, so I was going to bring this to there attention while in, as it will only take them a few mins to look at it and say we will put a warranty claim in or not

Edited by Fawcett

1 minute ago, toot said:

I don't think the cars 3 years manufacturers warranty covers that up to now.

Have you only spotted that now, almost 36 months on from first registration? 

I spotted one a month ago on the passenger side, and now spotted all the other windows are doing the same thing

i also cannot see why it wouldn’t be under warranty, as to me it seems like a defect

Edited by Fawcett

12 minutes ago, toot said:

Nothing lost in asking.

I’m also not sure it would be classed as wear and tear, as where would you draw the line, as you could technically class anything as wear and tear

to me I’d class it as a defect as the felt like material is coming away from the rubber

Edited by Fawcett

Inside or outside of the glass? Hard to tell from the photos.

If its outside they will say its been attacked by crows or magpies or an ice scraper, if its inside they will say its cosmetic damage, wear and tear and not a fault affecting the function of the vehicle.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toot said:

Yes you can just tell them to fix it.  Obviously they’ll always inspect first but if you know that something has failed etc and it’s a warrantied item AND you know that it’s not of your doing you CAN just tell them to fix it, what else are you supposed to say?

• Haha 1

You can ask nicely & politely if they can have the person responsible for warranty claims and inspections to check what your issue with the car / component is and if it is a Warranty issue have it repaired.

If you want to tell them to fix it and it is not a warranty item then be prepared to have to pay to have them do it if Skoda / Warranty provider is not.

Fixing it yourself might be cheaper though.

Edited by toot
  • Like 1
  • Crying 1

Update - Cars in the garage for other warranty work today, There going to see if they can issue a diag report to see if Škoda warranty will cover them, As the technician that came out to look at them agreed something isn’t right 

3 hours ago, Fawcett said:

Update - Cars in the garage for other warranty work today, There going to see if they can issue a diag report to see if Skoda warranty will cover them, As the technician that came out to look at them agreed something isn’t right 

8 hours ago, toot said:

You can ask nicely & politely if they can have the person responsible for warranty claims and inspections to check what your issue with the car / component is and if it is a Warranty issue have it repaired.

If you want to tell them to fix it and it is not a warranty item then be prepared to have to pay to have them do it if Skoda / Warranty provider is not.

diag report has been sent off, But there expecting it to be rejected as outside elements could have caused the issue

Replacement window seals / strips for all 4 windows is around £230 for just the parts, So if the warranty doesn't cover it ill just live with it

Edited by Fawcett
  • Like 1

On 08/09/2023 at 07:07, toot said:

Absolutely, you can tell them to fix it in a nice and polite way….the end result is still the same🙄

• Groan 1

@carefreego work in that kind of establishment, maybe you do.

You can get very different outcomes by getting the employees on your side.

They are not all acting like Gate Keepers and as though it comes out of their pockets.   They are acting as your agent and will do the work as long as they are getting paid or their employers are.

Plenty a Master Tech will support you when some non technical person at Skoda UK knock back a valid Warranty claim. 

Some person in Warranty who has no qualifications in mechanical engineering, body work / repairs or anything like.

9 hours ago, toot said:

@carefreego work in that kind of establishment, maybe you do.

You can get very different outcomes by getting the employees on your side.

They are not all acting like Gate Keepers and as though it comes out of their pockets.   They are acting as your agent and will do the work as long as they are getting paid or their employers are.

Plenty a Master Tech will support you when some non technical person at Skoda UK knock back a valid Warranty claim. 

Some person in Warranty who has no qualifications in mechanical engineering, body work / repairs or anything like.

You are wrong, and no I don’t work in a dealership (I couldn’t think of anything more boring).  If something fails on a car within the warranty period and you KNOW it’s a warrantied repair then no amount of dealer “knock backs” will prevent you getting it repaired/replaced under warranty.  Not for me anyway, the snowflakes amongst us might have a different outcome.

So, if you need a warranty repair/replacement then you politely tell them to sort it, being an apologetic snowflake will give them the green light to try it on, I know…….ive dealt with many a Stealer in my time.  Assertiveness is key.

Take this blokes advice and brace yourself for a sh!t load of grief🙄😂😂

Edited by carefree
  • Groan 1

On 09/09/2023 at 19:47, toot said:

They are not all sh!ts,  and you see it as you see it or experience it and you might get bent over and taken like a king. 

Not everyone does with Skoda / VW UK. 

More and more customers / buyers are though.

I couldn’t agree more, they are not all “sh!ts” BUT dealerships need to be dealt with by being assertive, otherwise in the majority they will try to wriggle out of things they think they can get away with.  

You can tell a dealer to deal with a warranty repair or replacement without being rude, but you have to be direct.  

Id love to live in your fairytale land where dealerships do exactly what you expect, unfortunately most of us live in the real world mate.

• Haha 1

@carefreewe have to guess where you live. Mystery.

Not in Scotland i would say where there are maybe 6 major Motor Groups with Skoda franchises and 4 are pretty crap really, lots of branches.

Wee country with lots of big mouth car owners and lots of chancers in dealerships, but there are people that do a proper job but will soon shut up your gob if they feel like it

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, toot said:

@carefreewe have to guess where you live. Mystery.

Not in Scotland i would say where there are maybe 6 major Motor Groups with Skoda franchises and 4 are pretty crap really, lots of branches.

Wee country with lots of big mouth car owners and lots of chancers in dealerships, but there are people that do a proper job but will soon shut up your gob if they feel like it

I live daaaan saaaf mate, although the relevance of this is lost on me😂.

I won’t comment on the rest of your post as I’ve no idea what the hell you are going on about🤷🏻‍♂️

Happy motoring my Scottish friend😘

• Like 1