Used 1.2. Yeti Questions

Sunmoon

Hello, i am thinking of buying used Yeti, petrol 1.2, with about 175.000 km, from about 2012.

What would be most important  to look for certain troubles in a car that old ? Any errors, defects or damages i must look for ?

Is it still good to buy a car that old and with so many kilometers?

Do you think 1.2 is enough for my needs ? I do it all - city drive, highway, rural roads, hills and mountains. I don't need super fast car, just normal it can be a little slow, just ready to go up the hills sometimes.

I really like space and higher position in Yeti, the diversity of rear seats, greater ground clearance and capability to drive on bumpy surfaces. And hopefully economy (mpg).

Thank you for your answers 

(i have made another post in guides forum please ignore that one, was a mistake)

22 minutes ago, Prezafab said:

With 175k on it ? Now.

Cost ? Depends on your country.

Hey, now means no ? (i am not british :)

It's actually 8.000 €, which i find quite a lot for the age and the km it has, However, that's how the prices are right now.

I drove it today and the pedal for acceleraton is reaaly light and soft. What i mean is that with only slight pressure it moves almost to the end. Is this normal ?

I also checked the AUX and while the sound  from my phone was good i find there is a lot of buzzy white noise when the music is not that loud. IS this normal ? :) I am music aficionado so that bothers me.

Otherwise than that it is really fine car. Pulls and accelerates a lot more than i expected with 1.2.

How is the economy, miles per gallon stuff with the 1.2 ? Is it any good?

Edited by Sunmoon

Don't know where in Europe you are but if it's Spain then 8000€ is right in the ballpark for the car.

It's what I paid for my 2011 with 99k km just about 2 years ago and was cheap at the time because there was no service history and a tiny bit of rippling on one rear passenger door.

Similar cars but with up to double the km are on offer for that much, and more, on online sales sites.

e.g. Milanuncios.com

Clutches are extremely light BTW.

Fuel consumption has averaged 7.1l/100km or 39mpg in mixed driving.

Edited by KiNeL