Octavia Mk3 Cruise Control

I cannot get the cruise control to maintain a fixed speed when there's traffic around me.  I disable the "front assist" but the car slows down when other cars seemingly come close to me.

Can anyone help me please?

7 hours ago, Springbok99 said:

I cannot get the cruise control to maintain a fixed speed when there's traffic around me.  I disable the "front assist" but the car slows down when other cars seemingly come close to me.

Can anyone help me please?

What happens after the car slows down?

17 hours ago, Springbok99 said:

If you have Front Assist then you have ACC, disabling Front Assist does NOT disable the "Adaptive" part of Cruise Control - so it will continue to adapt its speed according to how close other cars are in front. That's how ACC works.

Have you tried reducing the distance setting for ACC using the slider control on the top of the cruise stalk?

• Like 2

As above, sounds like you have ACC rather than CC.

Might be worth reading the owners manual: https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-GB/Detail?model=Octavia_5E&edition=11-2018&market=&manualLang=en

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) section starts on page 234 (page 236 of the PDF) :)

• Like 1

I don't have a slider control on the Cruise Control stalk, but I have seen in the set-up menu that you can vary the distance of traffic recognition.

I had a 2014 Octavia and the cruise control was brilliant.........unaffected by extra technology, and I could add or subtract speeds by 1mph by pushing the button.

Now I can do the same, but only in 5mph increments.................a retrograde step in my estimation.  I used to dial-in 52mph in a 50 limit area.  Oh well, that's progress I suppose!

32 minutes ago, Springbok99 said:

I don't have a slider control on the Cruise Control stalk, but I have seen in the set-up menu that you can vary the distance of traffic recognition.

I had a 2014 Octavia and the cruise control was brilliant.........unaffected by extra technology, and I could add or subtract speeds by 1mph by pushing the button.

Now I can do the same, but only in 5mph increments.................a retrograde step in my estimation.  I used to dial-in 52mph in a 50 limit area.  Oh well, that's progress I suppose!

Agree. Mine only has basic cc but the 1mph increments are very useful. Maybe yours could be adjusted with vcd's coding.

9 hours ago, PetrolDave said:

If you have Front Assist then you have ACC, disabling Front Assist does NOT disable the "Adaptive" part of Cruise Control - so it will continue to adapt its speed according to how close other cars are in front. That's how ACC works.

Have you tried reducing the distance setting for ACC using the slider control on the top of the cruise stalk?

@PetrolDave just because car has front assist does not mean ACC is installed. I have front assist and dumb CC😭 and mine is SEL spec. Thx. 

@Springbok99 full adaptive cruise can be retrofitted by a few companies around the UK. I've considered it but cost and distance to nearest company was not worth it for my usual driving habits. 

Edited by paulski