Fabia MK3

Andy Cope

If you want all season (same tyres all year)

Vredestein Quatrac Pro

Don't think you will be able to get Pirelli Cinturano all season SF2, or Continental all season contact (probably nearer £110-120), or Michelin cross climate 2 (probably nearer £125-140), but if you find good deal go for one of these

If you want summer tyres

Any of Hankook Ventus prime 4, Pirelli Powergy, Falken Azenis FK20, Continental eco contact 6.   Most of the premium tyres will be over £100

215/40 R17 are not a common size so shop around on internet, as bound to need to order them from a central warehouse.

22 hours ago, Andy Cope said:

2 tyres 215/40/17. Budget £100 per tyre. Any recommendations?

Falken or Kumho but these are Mid range.

Thanks. AG Falco

• Like 1

I would give the Vredestein Quatrac Pro a miss.

I had used them before in the snow and they were pretty good.

I recently put a set on my Electric MINI as the Goodyear  Eagle F1 they came with were crap in the damp or wet.

Well so are the Vredestein so far in just a bit of very wet roads and not that good in the drive. I have done about 1,000 miles on them.

I will  probably put on a set of CrossClimate 2,s and be giving the new tyres away to the fitter to do what they want with. 

DSCN3379.JPG.00cacce469ed283f57b42d38bf779976.jpeg

DSCN3377.JPG.3a15e6fd968c7a9907e60d1250185074.jpeg

DSCN3369.JPG.96205c3baf5eb6348d1cc6634158e593.jpeg

DSCN3176.JPG

DSCN3178.JPG

Edited by toot

https://www.tyrereviews.com/

Lots of good info on here including results of German tyre tests.

A contractor at work used to do tyre testing and always recommended Kumho for everyday tyres as they were a decent quality vs value proposition. 

I used to buy Hankook as they used to come in just behind the premium big boys (Conti, Michelin, Pirelli etc) but weren't premium prices. 

More recently, started to use Kumho on both Fabias  and couldn't really tell much difference between them and Hankook.