Replacement for the Octy......

Jimmy

Been trawling around this weekend looking for a replacement for the Octy..... As I spend 95% of the time in the car by myself or with 1 x passenger I've decided I don't 'need' a big family car and might need to indulge in something more 2 seater'ish :D

Got the Audi A3 for the family anyway - when it works :mad:

Anyway, I've been out in a mates MX5 and love the handling etc but it's too girly and under powered for me so then got onto the Honda S2000. A quick trawl around suggests I can get one for about

See this thread about the S2K' date=' Texas John gives some quality advice on the car.

An Old Thread About Sports Cars

Ah good find that man!!! You can tell I haven't been on here much of late...

@:Mnny, I must admit I love and loathe the thought of the VTEC motor tbh if that makes sense but really need to have a go out in one though.....

For a mad second I thought about an MR2 as a guy at work has one but I really would look like a big fat assed bird in one of them.... Far too camp for me.

Keep 'em coming :)

I wouldn't care who took the mick out of an MX 5.I think they are great.Could be said that any convertible is 'girly' which isn't the case.

If it was me,Lotus Elise,no question.And one day I will have one.One day:D .

Its worth noting that the 350Z is really a GT not a balls out sports car. Whilst it is a very capable handling, quick car it doesnt feel blisteringly fast.

The noise with the windows/roof down will have you begging for more though :thumbup:

My missus has a lovely 1998 1.8s MX5 in BRG. I drive it whenever I get the chance!

A:) It is great to drive

B:) It is underpowered

C:) Fat blokes need not apply

D:) I do feel like a girl in it

On the plus side lots of girls like it too, and you do turn heads - especially when its washed and gleaming.

My advice- buy a Honda s2000 make sure it fits you as the one I tried had seats that didn't move much.

or, save for a 2nd hand boxter

or even cheaper a mercedes SLK with hardtop (again a bit girlie)