Start-szop battery charging

Dear community, i would like to request some guidence regarding a 2019 1.0tsi 81kw 110hp skoda rapid battery charging. The car has start-stop system. The documentation says that the negative pole should be connected to the earth point of the car, but if i’m seeing correctly it has painting on it. Should i remove something before i connect the charger to the earth point or is it ok to put it right in this painted surface?

Thank you in advance

D7BB0562-D48F-4D0D-B6E9-A844CF54077D.jpeg

Yes that earth post is painted, but, I've found that as you tend to use a clip that has sharp teeth on it, clamping that to that earth post and maybe moving it around a bit, will provide a good enough connection to let you change the battery, other than that, fix the -VE clamp of the charger to the metalwork of the engine.

Edit:- I bought a used Audi earth post a few years ago, as they are plated and so don't end up getting painted, but I think that I'll need to drill out the thread in it and increase the thread size before it can get fitted to my wife's Polo - as it looks like the earth post in your picture is fixing to a bigger size of stud.

Just another job in progress!!

Edited by rum4mo
  • Thanks 1

Whoops, wrong thread!

Or even wrong forum!!

Deleted.

Edited by rum4mo
deleted as this is the wrong thread I'm replying to!