SOC Indication is not Showing up !

Hi All,

When I long press the button in the dash, SOC % is not coming up. It straight away jumps from Time to Service. I couldn't check the SOC state. Could anyone please help me with that ? Is this abnormal ?

I believe it was a feature that was disabled in software. Probably due to customer anxiety about it reading consistently lower than expected (by those who don't understand the planned undercharging).

• Like 2

@Rock_BatistaIf you would like to monitor battery condition, you could buy a hand-held battery tester - not as convenient as a button press on the dash - but guaranteed to be more accurate.

Just need to be aware of the designed undercharging if you have automatic idle stop-start/smart alternator.   

Edited by Warrior193
typo

image.thumb.jpeg.7729d620cb0045531e46ff285ee11503.jpeg

Thank you for your response.
I did a battery check with Skoda couple of weeks back for some other reason and this is the result. They said the battery condition is good. It's 9 year old battery if I am not wrong.. Could you please let me know Shall I conclude that the battery isn't bad at the moment ?

I'm assuming that because you have an EFB battery fitted, you do have automatic stop-start - is that the case? I would consider that battery to be in good condition.

It probably could benefit from a recharge, but if it is 9 years old, it's doing really well.  

There is usually a date stamp on the top of one of the battery terminals (MMYY)

Edited by Warrior193
added information