2023 VRS DSG WARNING LIGHT

DavyN

Hi everyone,  New owner here, first Skoda coming from an Audi A3.

So bought a VRS 2 months ago, great car , absolutely love it. First longish trip from Edinburgh to Lake District and back roughly 300 miles no issues. Parked up at home for an hour then had to go to see someone,  roughly a 5 mile trip and the DSG warning light came on, Amber warning stating still ok to drive, parked up, switched everything off and locked the car and waited 10 mins.

Back in started up , no warning light, car drove 5 miles home no problem at all.

Any thoughts , ideas as to the fault / issue which would set the warning off, anyone had similar warning  ? 

Appreciate any input from anyone, thanks.

Welcome.

Petrol, Diesel or even a PHEV vRS? 

Make sure you let a Skoda Dealership know this happened.

Just so they can not say there that 'They have never heard of this',  New person just started, no interest in cars, or deaf. 

Or that 'They all do that'.   Then they can tell you why. 

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am not anywhere near a dealer unfortunately and given the warning stated it was ok to drive, cleared itself and hasn't happened again I'm hoping it's a software glitch.

6 hours ago, DavyN said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, I am not anywhere near a dealer unfortunately and given the warning stated it was ok to drive, cleared itself and hasn't happened again I'm hoping it's a software glitch.

Does it say something about a gear selector? Mine is in on Tuesday to have a switch replaced that should fix the fault.

Getting the same warning. Initially 1 week between alerts would clear but now comes on every time I start my car (2.0tdi VRS). Dealer emailed and rang me as alert showed in their system and asked me to come in and have the issue looked at. Will update when visit carried out.

IMG_4101.jpeg

1 hour ago, AnBear said:

Getting the same warning. Initially 1 week between alerts would clear but now comes on every time I start my car (2.0tdi VRS). Dealer emailed and rang me as alert showed in their system and asked me to come in and have the issue looked at. Will update when visit carried out.

IMG_4101.jpeg

Mine is in today to get that fixed. New switch for something required and apparently it's going to take two days. 

I had that same warning in my 2015 DSG Golf....back in 2016! Gear selector had to be replaced. So, one wonders if Skoda is using 'old stock' VAG gear selectors. This issue should be in the distant past by now, resolved long ago.

I had this issue for 4 days in a row every time I started the car. It was in the end of September, no issues since that 4 days period.

20 hours ago, AnBear said:

Dealer emailed and rang me as alert showed in their system and asked me to come in and have the issue looked at.

Wow, what a great service! I wish my dealer could see a thing, so I hadn't to make pictures and try to convince them that I actually have something wrong...

hello. ive been there also with new octy vrs tsi. after aprox. 8000miles i had the same fault. its common fault in octavia . service need to replace small thing. it takes 3 hrs for replacement.

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

To be brutally honest they should have just left it as a stick/lever instead of a stupid switch. 

A stick/lever is more robust and more positive than a stupid switch. Very poor quality and poor thinking. 

id have thought better for muscle memory as well? I’ve driven autos and after a few changes just remember where each position is. How does that compare to a switch style setup? I’ve never used one. 

The switch on mine doesn't always operate properly, I've found that it is quite easy to operate it and think that I've engaged drive from reverse and found I'm still in neutral, I never had that problem with a proper DSG lever like in my last RS. 

That was just positive action everytime. 

• Like 1