Electric front windows fault 2014 Yeti Outdoor L&K TDICR 4X4 S-A

Shane66

Hi all. Thanks for accepting me. Our Yeti front electric windows have stopped working. First started with the passenger side front and now the drivers side has also stopped . Any tips greatly appreciated. Thanks.

..there have been problems reported with the wiring loom to the doors.....as I understand it they are slightly "too short", and over time the wires break...??

Edited by Stubod
  • Like 1

Dirt cheap to DIY, if not then its like anything else at a garage, should not take much time, should not cost much, should be a 100% reliable repair etc.

The reality is often different.

The wires are not too short but the wrong type for continual flexing, no maufacturer is going to splice in sections of more flexible wire into the loom but others seem to have mastered making a door loop that better accommodates the movements.

• Like 1

See the above post entitled Electrical. Yeti 1.2 Petrol 2011.

I had my wiring loom for the drivers door changed earlier this year  - cost me £239 parts and labour at my local trusted independent.

Peel  the rubber boot away from where it secures to the metal of the body and see if there's a broken wire visible.  If so take it to wherever you normally go and get it done.

If you're competent then there are guides here to help you DIY, but that'll be up to you to decide.

Lots of electrical problems originate from the broken wiring loom issue.  Pointless complaining to anyone, just change it and be done with it.

Edited by oldstan

Great idea, I hope you manage to get the donor stock to get it off the ground.

Big advantage is that you wont have to source the connectors and do all the fiddly work of repinning etc.

For a while I was making wiring looms for a motorbike engined kit car, it consisted of stripping out the donor bike loom and repurposing it, adding some cabling and compatible connectors etc.

I quite enjoyed it and it was OK on the initial batch of 20 which the further batches were intended to be but thereafter the demand was for one or two at a time sporadically which was too much of a hassle to me.

I think what you are proposing will really take off, good one you Pete!

• Thanks 1

I really regret selling all my rolls of vehicle coloured coded wiring now (car boot sale) but at the time I was pleased that they went to someone like yourself that would make good use of them.

The Yeti in my signature (I have two) is a 61 reg car. The front passenger window was opened one day and would not close... not using the switch on the door, nor the switch on the driver's door, nor using the remote control "hold the locking button down" method. What did work (and what completely cured it) was locking the car using the key in the door and then turning and holding the key clockwise (i.e. locking again). The window shut and worked perfectly ever since in all methods. Why? I don't know.
Hope this information helps someone, if too late to help the OP.

• Like 1