speed limit signs on sat nav

Tbone68

1 hour ago, Tbone68 said:

Hi

On my old mkIII, the current speed limit for the road I was driving on automatically showed up on the sat nav display.

Is this not possible on the MKIV ?

I dont have the road sign reading option

Thanks

Indeed. It will only recognise traffic signs if you have that option. Otherwise rely on Apple or Google maps for speed signs. None of which are 100% reliable. The recognition camera will sometimes get fooled as does the inbuilt satnav  sometimes reacting (braking unexpectedly) when using ACC. It’s the same culprit roundabouts on flyovers above the road I’m driving on that sets it off. Crappy mapping or coding?

On 10/11/2023 at 12:53, whereismyorder said:

Same, no special subcription needed - its in the satnav settings, I have turned it on so MPH limits are displayed in satnav view.

But, be aware that speed limits get changed before sat nav. mapping catches up, so the limits the sat nav. gives are almost invariably out of date.  Also, unless your sat nav. has automatic map updates (and many (most?) built in systems don't/can't do this), the mapping may be years out of date.  The only reliable option is observation of the roadside speed limit signs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bromley said:

But, be aware that speed limits get changed before sat nav. mapping catches up, so the limits the sat nav. gives are almost invariably out of date.  Also, unless your sat nav. has automatic map updates (and many (most?) built in systems don't/can't do this), the mapping may be years out of date.  The only reliable option is observation of the roadside speed limit signs.

Hence reason I paid the £65 to have traffic sign recognition activated via the Connect app.

• Like 1

On 09/11/2023 at 13:41, Tbone68 said:

Hi

On my old mkIII, the current speed limit for the road I was driving on automatically showed up on the sat nav display.

Is this not possible on the MKIV ?

I dont have the road sign reading option

Thanks

You have to turn it on in the infotainment. Just go in and look for the tick box.

• Like 1