Chain tensioner check.

Good afternoon.

As a 2012 2.0 tsi I thought I would have a check on what revision I am running, the scaremongering has got the better of me.

Quite an easy Job to have a look, please see pics.

If anybody else is going to do it, give me a shout if you need any tips.

I have a spare bung now if anyone wants it. The old one popped back in nae bother. Very hard plastic.

Looks like I am not running the original one with the issue thank goodness. 20231111_123808.thumb.jpg.07f3ba4f6ba8f7925ff2d0466801d09b.jpg

20231111_123558.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 17/12/2023 at 17:42, aero-hot said:

Replaced mine as a matter of course. £1400 to do all in but now has the later revised parts. Peace of mind. 

That's a ridiculous amount of money for just the exchange of the belt tensioner! I've had my dealer replace the tensioner of my 1.8 TSI somewhere around 2014 for €350, which is around £300...

1 hour ago, andrehj said:

That's a ridiculous amount of money for just the exchange of the belt tensioner! I've had my dealer replace the tensioner of my 1.8 TSI somewhere around 2014 for €350, which is around £300...

I think you must be confused.  Its a complete chain, (both),  guides and tensioners, manifold off, gaskets replaced the lot. I'm a truck driver for a large car supermarket and the price quoted beat their price and the main agent by a few hundred pounds. Autodata quote 8hours labour.