Fob

Damo222

Wonder if anyone can advise boys car started to play up today when he got home went to lock it via fob nothing happened we checked all doors and they where closed but not locked. Went to start car and came up on dash key not found removed and tried his spare key same thing. This spare key was made for us as car only came with one fob but it was working ok. Then tried original fob again and it worked ok this time but still not recognising spare key but it did start car. went back out and locked doors with fob just worried encase he gets stuck at work any advise would be well appreciated. Dont know if this means anything but have noticed when i press fob the little light turns red on fob could be normal but one of those things you notice when something goes wrong thank you  

3 hours ago, UrbanPanzer said:

first port of call would be fit a NEW battery in each Fob.

PS little light is normal, tells you it's working.

Thank You Urban Panzer dont think it will be the battery in fobs as the new fob is only a few weeks old

9 hours ago, Damo222 said:

Thank You Urban Panzer dont think it will be the battery in fobs as the new fob is only a few weeks old

@Damo222 It is not uncommon to find even supposedly new cells to be faulty/discharged - even on 'branded' cells. I've had this recently. Try new cells from a different source. 

10 hours ago, Damo222 said:

Thank You Skomaz  but haven't got a Manuel for car

Might be worth trying some of these variations as it definitely sounds like the fob has lost sybc

• Like 1

Not starting could be the immobilizer ring, around the column key, not reading the immobilizer chip in the keys. I think the fob buttons may just be associated with the central locking/alarm and have nothing to do with the immobiliser.  Worth a try is putting a key in the ignition. holding the other key local to the first key and trying to start. Otherwise, a scan with a VAG compatible scanner may reveal more.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 18:16, Damo222 said:

Wonder if anyone can advise boys car started to play up today when he got home went to lock it via fob nothing happened we checked all doors and they where closed but not locked. Went to start car and came up on dash key not found removed and tried his spare key same thing. This spare key was made for us as car only came with one fob but it was working ok. Then tried original fob again and it worked ok this time but still not recognising spare key but it did start car. went back out and locked doors with fob just worried encase he gets stuck at work any advise would be well appreciated. Dont know if this means anything but have noticed when i press fob the little light turns red on fob could be normal but one of those things you notice when something goes wrong thank you  

Well today the saga continues boy went out to start car while engine was running got out and closed door then the gremlins came in went to open car and low and behold the door or any would not open. Panic set in came in an got me car running but no access to get into car looked inside and saw the door lock switch was luminated orange luckily had spare key pressed unlock nothing except for a flash of indicators  one blink feck in hell we have a car running but cant  access put the key in lock and gained access closed door and tried to turn off lock button no joy turned engine off. Went back out tried all other doors all locked including boot pressed fob  unlock no joy pressed lock no joy went in had a cuppa came back out pressed unlock boot opened closed boot locked automatically same thing occurred no doors opening except drivers pressed unlock all unlocked started engine all fine again getting totally feed up with this car Sorry for the long story 

Some punctuation, sentences and paragraphs would help, no problem with a long story that I can actually read and understand.

You lost me when you wrote that you started the car while [the] engine was running.

Edited by J.R.

7 hours ago, Damo222 said:

Sorry for the long story 

As J.R. has suggested, a simple breakdown of actions and results listed against numbered lines may assist. I fully understand that technical reporting does not come naturally to all people, but this simple timeline assists understanding of the issues/actions, even without punctuation which I can read into the below myself (boy went out to start car, while engine was running got out and closed door). Please do not take this post with any negativity, we are here to help:-

1/ boy went out to start car while engine was running got out and closed door

2/ went to open car and low and behold the door or any would not open. Panic set in came in an got me car running but no access to get into car

3/ looked inside and saw the door lock switch was luminated orange

4/ luckily had spare key pressed unlock nothing except for a flash of indicators  one blink feck in hell we have a car running but cant  access

5/ put the key in lock and gained access closed door and tried to turn off lock button no joy turned engine off.

6/ Went back out tried all other doors all locked including boot pressed fob  unlock no joy pressed lock no joy went in had a cuppa

7/ came back out pressed unlock boot opened closed boot locked automatically same thing occurred no doors opening except drivers pressed unlock all unlocked started engine all fine again

• Like 1