Adjust Traffic Sign Recognition ??

stupe650

Hi all, I am trialling Traffic Sign Recognition and can't decide if its for me. Its fine and useful while general driving and I like the info on the dash, however, when on cruise control the bloody thing annoys the c**p out of me by constantly, un-predictably and un-comfortably changing speed..

So is there a way of just setting it to alert me when I am over a limit or is it time to delete it??

1 hour ago, stupe650 said:

Hi all, I am trialling Traffic Sign Recognition and can't decide if its for me. Its fine and useful while general driving and I like the info on the dash, however, when on cruise control the bloody thing annoys the c**p out of me by constantly, un-predictably and un-comfortably changing speed..

So is there a way of just setting it to alert me when I am over a limit or is it time to delete it??

You can disable the speed control in assist settings. Then you can just have the info on the dash. I find it quite useful sometimes.

3 hours ago, Jorgeminator said:

You can disable the speed control in assist settings. Then you can just have the info on the dash. I find it quite useful sometimes.

Maybe I am being thick but I cannot find speed control anywhere.... Give us a clue 

7 minutes ago, Jorgeminator said:

It's in the manual... Ideally you should disable both the road and speed previews to get rid of annoying behaviour.

Screenshot_2023-11-25-11-24-09-140_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.84a7140e165513f25e70c742c7b53e90.jpg

Thanks mate, I will take a look later today....

3 hours ago, Jorgeminator said:

It's in the manual... Ideally you should disable both the road and speed previews to get rid of annoying behaviour.

Screenshot_2023-11-25-11-24-09-140_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.84a7140e165513f25e70c742c7b53e90.jpg

Sorted thank you, now the car does what I want.. Cheers..

• Like 2

• Sponsor
On 24/11/2023 at 10:17, stupe650 said:

That's predictive adaptive cruise control, not traffic sign recognition

Traffic sign recognition does just that, reads road signs and displays them on the dash/HUD 

Under adaptive cruise control settings, turn off "observe speed limit" or similar. I can't remember how Skoda word it 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dickyptheoriginal said:

Is it possible to activate traffic sign recognition via VCDS etc. Have a VRS with matrix lights, dsg vehicle so assume hardware such as forward camera is in place.

I activated via Skoda Connect App . Cost was a 'one off' £63 from memory.