Electric auxiliary heater retrofit?

Hey, I've got a 2010 superb estate, elegance model  2.0tdi  140bhp.

I can't find any evidence of an auxiliary electric cabin heater, if I do have one  there's no evidence of it working. But I've seen the UK market first have them?

Wonder if it's possible to retrofit for the friptier months  since I leave for work at 5am in West Scotland. And my drivers seat heater doesn't even work 

Anyone have any experience? 

Thanks

Recently installed one that was from a vw sharan, it takes some time to install the fuel line and the unit itself .You have to remove the water tank and install the unit in its place  and you have to order another model of water tank as the one that's on the car wont fit anymore.you need another climate control with the button to start the unit or you can buy the testart module and remote in order to start the unit remotely. The unit can be programed to start with the engine so it will heat faster.

Currently its working for me but didn't find the settings to make the menu appear in the mfd display.

And yeah you need a vcds or obd eleven to code everything. 

Ps depending on the type of webasto you get there are 2 versions (that i know) older one that can be started with a switch , more recent ones that require w bus signal ( timer ,can bus, telestart )

• Like 1

My diesel Alhambra had I think a diesel heater, the previous petrol Galaxy had a rear heater unit which I always assumed ran from the engine coolant but in hindsight there were no long coolant pipes visible, the Alhambra did not visibly have this heater and there were no controls for the rear but one day after a cold start I noticed smoke coming from under the vehicle, it was exhaust fumes from a tiny exhaust pipe mid way along the vehicle, I concluded it was something to heat the diesel fuel on cold days.

I never gave it a second thought till this year as I am now using a Chinese Diesel Heater to heat my workshop, the exhaust pipe and its gases look and sound identical. These heaters are a clone of the Webasto ones made for motorhomes

Would the Alhambra have had a diesel cabin heater and could the petrol Galaxy have had something similar or was I right in thinking it was to heat the diesel for the engine?