Random Errors on dash and AC/Radio sporadically not working

Hi girls and guys, I've been having some random errors with my Octavia 2015 2.0TDI. It all started few months ago when driving all lights on dash lit up, dash got to full brightness and car felt like it lost power for few seconds. After that all came back to normal and this hasn't happened again for quite few weeks. When happened again it started with radio and AC switching off few times for a second or so each time. This followed by instrument cluster going into full brightness and few random messages popping about lights, wheel pressure, etc.

On next occasion apart from instrument cluster I've got strange problem with car doors locks opening and closing several times (all happening while driving).

I don't think it's weather related as it is happening in both rainy and sunny dry days. Only thing that was changed in my car from stock was when I've added towbar, got it coded using coding through OBD eleven app. This was done over 2 years ago and never had any issues. All was working as should after attaching trailer - correct icon on dash, reverse parking sensors off, etc. (was also working correctly with trailer with LED lights).

I'm attaching error log from todays scan with VCDS. I've been clearing errors every so often so it's only most recent ones showing.

I'm not sure if this is caused by Body Control Module as log would suggest or maybe something else. I'd rather ask people with much more experience before I start stripping and replacing parts in car. Car is currently ~143k miles and I've had it for past 4 years (from ~75k miles). This is first problem that I have with this car and as it is electrical problem I'm not too sure how to approach it and solve. Also I'm kinda dependent on having fully working car as I do lot of miles and that puts some pressure on having it fixed.

Log-TMBBJ7NE6F0211473-230818km-143423mi.txt

54 minutes ago, ords said:

Get the battery and alternator checked out first.  How old is the battery?

Tbh I think it's still original battery on it, I haven't changed it myself. Never had any problems starting car even on cold days. I've probed battery when engine running with multimeter and it was sitting at around 14.2V but I think only about 11.9V after night before starting car.

But now as you mention when I start car my interior lights seam a bit dimmed and are getting brighter after 10-15 seconds of car running.  

Only thing I forgot to mention that shortly after I got the car I've disabled auto start/stop. 

Not sure if battery could be an issue as problems normally occur after a while when driving, never just after starting car.

Small yet bumig update today. Car just gone crazy while driving, everything went off, felt lost of power too. Got too scary to drive so only got to nearest safe place to stop car and awaiting RAC at the minute. Nothing in car works apart from headlights. No indicators, no hazard lights, no AC, radio, speedo off. Attaching video I've uploaded and please notice that car engine is running when this video is being recorded 

• Crying 1

2 minutes ago, TheClient said:

Sounds entertaining in a not so very desirable way!,  Good luck with the rac call-out. Let us know how it goes. 

Landed, checked that in fact it is electrical problem so it can't be fixed on roadside, asked me where I live to get car delivered home or mechanic. Told him to get it to my home and gave him address

RAC:

Uu... sorry to tell you but your insurance doesn't cover that far trip, you've literally 2 miles out of range that we can deliver your car to...

Me:

Seriously no chance of getting me home? Them 2 miles are going to make whole difference?

RAC:

I've 2 more calls already on list after you but if I'll manage to drive it on trailer without winch then I'll drop you off home, but shouldn't and will have to lie on report.

Me:

Just get me home...😔

13 minutes ago, StoneFist85 said:

Landed, checked that in fact it is electrical problem so it can't be fixed on roadside, asked me where I live to get car delivered home or mechanic. Told him to get it to my home and gave him address

RAC:

Uu... sorry to tell you but your insurance doesn't cover that far trip, you've literally 2 miles out of range that we can deliver your car to...

Me:

Seriously no chance of getting me home? Them 2 miles are going to make whole difference?

RAC:

I've 2 more calls already on list after you but if I'll manage to drive it on trailer without winch then I'll drop you off home, but shouldn't and will have to lie on report.

Me:

Just get me home...😔

It seems, almost all the policies are -  we will recover you but only for very limited miles now….. although they have to get you to a garage who can do the repair if they aren’t taking you to your preferred destination don’t they?… rhetorical q for you at this point if you’re getting returned home after all. Hope you are home soon. 

7 minutes ago, TheClient said:

It seems, almost all the policies are -  we will recover you but only for very limited miles now….. although they have to get you to a garage who can do the repair if they aren’t taking you to your preferred destination don’t they?… rhetorical q for you at this point if you’re getting returned home after all. Hope you are home soon. 

Yes, got home already (reported on 17:40, got estimated time for support arrival at 22:38 🤨) but finally arrived at 19:00. Car broke down only ~18 miles away from home. So guessing that Hastings Direct and RAC must have some deal about delivering up to 15 miles or so unless paid for national delivery option.

Now bit of desperate time and from tomorrow will try to get something sorted about them problems.

BCM's can be temperamental.  Several areas of investigation.

1) Get a wiring diagram from ErWin (Skoda) - google Skoda Erwin if you need assistance for that.

2) It could be a dodgy earth for the BCM.

3) It could be a wiring fault on the High Speed or Low Speed CANBUS.  Try moving the cabling around a bit to see if that fixes or breaks it.

4) The BCM could be screwed (in which case, replacement reqd and it need to be coded in by ODIS).

• 4 weeks later...