Ignition barrel wiring favorit

Someone tried to steal the favorit - now the wires are a jumbled mess and cannot get them in the right order. Can anyone provide a pic of the rear of the barrel so I can cross check? Also - what are the symptoms of a blown EIM? Fuel present, pump working, car turns but will not spark! 

Help. Please! 

45 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

I'll provide a pic from mine. But I have carb.

I'll be back.

Mine's also a carb model - it's a 1991. The pic that @RicardoM sent is really helpful too, but mine doesn't have the pink...it has got three red, one yellow, one orange, two small blacks and one thick black...really confusing!

15 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

6gAAAgNwguA-960.jpg

Thanks Ricardo...my wires are all different colours though, I've got three red, one yellow, one orange, two small blacks and one thick black

Are you sure that all wires come from the ignition barrel? Have a look under the dashboard to see what else was cut.

By the way, what engine code has your Favorit?

barrel01.thumb.jpg.581063efc580ad446223929b0dfcecec.jpg

barrel02.thumb.jpg.cfadb7f1b25068b3131d7ae306023bed.jpg

barrel03.thumb.jpg.dabfe4c1326377a1ca490a03c159698b.jpg

This is mine from different angles.

'93 Forman with carb.

I'll provide electric system blueprints for you too. I think you have old type electric system right? Could you send a pic of your fuse box?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

The thick black is alone.

There are two reds clamped together at the end of one terminal and there is another red clamped together with another black.

Yellow is alone.

This is so incredibly helpful - can you tell me which terminals those wires go into?! Honestly, this is excellent and such useful information 

15 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

The thick black is alone.

There are two reds clamped together at the end of one terminal and there is another red clamped together with another black.

Yellow is alone.

This still leaves one black left over - is this a surplus cable? 

I'm uploading 15 pages from electrical blueprint covering old and new electric system.

I tried to decipher it meanwhile.

The black/red bundle: Black cable is connected to ring connector with bolt on the fusebox you pictured above. It's  battery + connection. Red is connected to sidelight switch.

Double red is responsible for brake fluid level. One is coming from instrument panel bulb the other one goes to brake fluid switch.

Yellow is starter motor signal cable.

The black cable cable which stands alone is connected to the fusebox. It's triggering the X relay and other devices connected to the fusebox.

The extra black you have could be the power cable to the stereo. If that's so, you must connect it to the empty socket near black/red bundle. (See my picture)

Wait until other members see the blueprints.

Coming soon.

Edited by R_Blue

Here you are:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8u046dj57o9gvgg/electric_system.zip/file

This link can be deleted.

Please download and keep it for further reference.

@RicardoM and @Thefeliciahacker may find this useful too.

Also, It makes me sad to see what a dirty thief did to your Fav. :crying:

I'm glad they couldn't take it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your car is from April '91 but you have a new type fusebox.

Reminder: Please disconnect the battery terminal (-) before working on ignition barrel. As you can see, there is unfused direct connection from battery here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R_Blue said:

Here you are:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8u046dj57o9gvgg/electric_system.zip/file

This link can be deleted.

Please download and keep it for further reference.

@RicardoM and @Thefeliciahacker may find this useful too.

Also, It makes me sad to see what a dirty thief did to your Fav. :crying:

I'm glad they couldn't take it.

This is amazing information! 

• Like 1

Ignition switch pins

30 - one black wire (to battery) and one orange wire (to radio)

15 - two black wires (to fuse/relay box and ignition coil)

P - N/C

50 - yellow (to starter)

16 - two red wires (brake fluid level sensor and lamp)

5e74d56610e59_xl.jpg

Edited by RicardoM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5e74d56610e59_xl.thumb.jpg.44394403d38c9efb19fac9c85b698119.jpg.6f04262765fab7a29b196942b12bd989.jpg

More visualized version.

No:30: Two terminals. Black + Red crimped together in one connector. Black is Battery (+). Red is side light switch. Second terminal is reserved for stereo.

No:50: One terminal. Yellow. Starter motor connection.

P: not connected.

No:15 Two terminals. One black goes to fuse/relay box. Another black goes to ignition module & coil feed. (Unfused! Design flaw?) (In my previous pictures above, the second connector is hidden. Probably the extra black cable you were asking is this. Your stereo may be connected from a ring connector bolted on fusebox.)

No:16 One terminal. Two red cables crimped in one connector. One red is from the low level warning switch of the brake fluid reservoir. The second red is from instrument cluster brake light bulb.

33 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

there are two lighter tone reds.

Yes, the far right is deeper red than the other two, the far left can be considered as orange (the camera flash confuses the distinction).

• Like 1

This is all the most brilliant information - I feel very lucky to have such a host of experts on hand, and I thank every one of you, @RicardoM @R_Blue @D.FYLAKTOS @Thefeliciahacker for your efforts...however - as you can see, we have an EXTRA orange wire just hanging about, and we cannot work out where it goes. It is like buying a puzzle from a market without a box!

received_877651497147867.jpeg

According to wiring diagrams,the only orange wire related to ignition contact is the radio casette player power supply. It is the wire having a fuse on it.

Old_Esys07.jpg

• Like 1