Ignition barrel wiring favorit

20 hours ago, R_Blue said:

Here you are:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8u046dj57o9gvgg/electric_system.zip/file

This link can be deleted.

Please download and keep it for further reference.

@RicardoM and @Thefeliciahacker may find this useful too.

Also, It makes me sad to see what a dirty thief did to your Fav. :crying:

I'm glad they couldn't take it.

Yeah I was sad too - it would have ended up on a banger track too :( 

• Sad 1

Wezzlers will know better having the actual wires in daylight but just as conformation to what has been put earlier, on my PC monitor, to me eyes and brain, allowing for camera and image colours -

1 = Orange (reddish looking here)

2 = Red

3 = Red (very pinkish looking here)

cdcd.jpg.19af21963fda6db563185d45f3ea5c5a.jpg

Complete with 80s style sunroof.  One of my (new then) Estelle 2s had that style sunroof with IIRC the radio aerial in in, a great Skoda idea that other manufacturers cars didn't have IIRC.  My Rapid Estelle 2 had the aerial in the rear screen, good idea until you turned the heated screen switch IIRC, I can't remember if it was that feature or another that was shared with only any car which was a supercar of the time.

I had three Estelle 2s in the mid to late 80s so I knew every joke, the sheep like, The Sun readers told, I also added the grille mounted spotlights, and hanging from bumper fogs to one of them.

vfvfvf.jpg.8157dac90f26ac0b43f59013782adebb.jpg

Edited by nta16
  • Love it! 1

3 minutes ago, nta16 said:

Complete with 80s style sunroof.  One of my (new then) Estelle 2s had that style sunroof with IIRC the radio aerial in in, a great Skoda idea that other manufacturers cars didn't have IIRC.  My Rapid Estelle 2 had the aerial in the rear screen, good idea until you turned the heated screen switch IIRC, I can't remember if it was that feature or another that was shared with only any car which was a supercar of the time.

I had three Estelle 2s in the mid to late 80s so I knew every joke, the sheep like, The Sun readers told, I also added the grille mounted spotlights, and hanging from bumper fogs to one of them.

vfvfvf.jpg.8157dac90f26ac0b43f59013782adebb.jpg

received_312131101657947.jpeg

• Love it! 2

Just now, Wezzlers said:

received_312131101657947.jpeg

This is my other skoda, she's a proper old lady. I've loved them ever since I was a kid and now as a 40yr old man I like to have them about. Brilliant cars, much maligned, I think they're wonderful 

Forgot, my wife's Favorit had a boot light that was a detachable torch rechargeable torch, that was when Skoda really did have Clever ideas.

Was just about to go for my winter bath (don't tell the Water Board they've not Sunday cover for this) but on seeing the 105 another quick one of my many car stories - I was once lent the (proper) Skoda garages starship of the fleet a very used and abused 105 mk1 which they said they couldn't kill, it took a little while to build up speed but once it got going it went well, heavy steering even for its day.  I was told to ignore the petrol gauge, as I went sailing a car on a dual-carriageway I then had to pull in and stop as the petrol had run out, garage co-owners said when I told him "I didn't say to ignore the warning light".  😄

Lost it now but I did have a digital photo of the front cover of Auto Car(?) where they put something like " what's as good as a Golf GTi at half the price" showing IIRC a black Rapid 136 which I used to tease Porsche 911 owners I later knew, and didn't know, with as I used to say the Estelle (Rapid) was like the Porsche, and the Estelle was used in a kit as the basis of a Porsche Spyder.

ETA: 1979/80 1980/81 is a newish car to me as I had various British "classics" (overpriced and overvalued old) cars as daily drivers for 30 years until last year.

Edited by nta16
ETA:
  • Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Wezzlers said:

Thanks all for your help - here is Rita, running again and happy. Best Sunday ever. 

You're welcome. We are here to help on our own free time to the best of our abilities, from passion for these classic Czech cars. Enjoy Rita. Please install a (better) theft alarm system.

• Love it! 1

26 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

Please install a (better) theft alarm system.

In the UK back in the day the Skoda badge was enough, now as then a lot of ignorant snobby people live on the isles, particularly England (or Ingerlund as some chant.

Snobby or not, the car thieves from the UK target old cars not for their financial value, but for being easy to start, then to commit felonies using them, or just for having a ride then abandon them in a ditch.

So I reiterate my advice to install an alarm.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, I'm not suggesting that anyone doesn't fit a car alarm if they want to though the old devices of steering wheel and gear lever locks may be more of a visual deterrent.

There may be certain types that will steal sturdy very old cars for special banger races, I don’t think we have much trouble around here despite having the longest serving short oval track in the UK, Northamptonshire is very much into motorsport in the past and present. 

I've no idea about the criminals of the Dominican Republic or Bristol but around here an old car is about 10 years old not 30+ and they're stolen for their parts or parts taken off the car whilst it's parked, alarm or not.  Unless the owner or a good neighbour is around a car, and home, alarms are just considered a nuisance because of all the false activations and taken little notice of.

Elsewhere catalytic converters are a popular item for thieves, they just raise one side of the car and cut them off in no time or with higher set vehicles they don’t even need to raise them.

For ram raids bigger heavier vehicles are used like Range Rover, or JCB diggers for cash-machines.

Joyriding would be faster cars and not always by someone who has stolen the car.

Innocuous older cars, but not 30 years old, may be taken and used as pool cars, shared by those they don’t bother with legal niceties like driving license, insurance, road tax for themselves and sometimes only kept until the fuel tank is empty.

Cosmetically good and higher value “classic” cars may be targeted but very good running and mechanical ”classics” that are not very high show finish generally are left alone unless they are something very special in some way.

Old fashion joy riding is rarer now.

But as I put that is all around here, near me I don’t know generally or nationally in UK.

The most stolen cars in the UK (2022) - https://www.whatcar.com/news/the-most-stolen-cars-in-the-uk/n21162

High value cars stripped down for parts and sold online or taken via ferry to Lithuania -https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-57786062 

String of cars stripped of parts in Birmingham city centre - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-64568353

Edited by nta16

Nigel, let's keep it specific. We are talking about who would steal a Skoda Classic and why. My information comes from British mechanics I was colleague with while I worked in Spain. They said that Skoda Classics and similar are not sought after for selling them as a whole or as parts, not for being vintage cars that rich people dream to own, and certainly not for showing off in the neighborhood. They are easy to break into, and easy to start. Then the thieves use them for all kind of petty felonies. Obviously not for robbing banks, unless you watched too many cheap movies or you want to chip in to feel important. One other reason the UK-ies shared with me was that young punks start learning the fine art of car thefts on such old cars, then they drive it till they run out of petrol and abandon them and/or set them on fire for fun. The thief who tried to start the car of the OP must have been a dropout.

Yes my examples were for general car stealing, classic Skodas are certainly not stolen to be shown off, used for bank robberies, for parts or generally as a whole car.

I am not saying anyone should not fit an alarm if they want but I would advise also using a something like a steering wheel lock as a full visual deterrent. 

I don't know how long ago you were working in Spain with your British colleague and how long before that he was working in Britain and whether he worked in Northamptonshire or Bristol but unless he worked in a Skoda garage or near the importer in the mid-1980s and earlier 1990s (when we owned four new  Skodas), he'd hardly see a Skoda as they were a tiny fraction of car sales in the UK.  Until VW put the brand in with the VW Dealerships Skoda Dealerships were small back street concerns (and perhaps better for that).

Because Skodas were such good value they were the subject of great ridicule in the very powerful press here, in the mid-80s particularly, causing great stigma to the brand it wasn't until this century that I actually knew someone else that had a new Skoda.

I have lived in England all my life and for a number of years lived on rough council estates where some of the neighbours would perhaps break into cars or steal them or other things (not as bad as today or organised at all).

in the 1990s we have had a 1974 car stolen, we got it back, it ran out of petrol, if they had looked in the boot there was a full gallon can, also had another car broken into and paper tax disc stolen and three weeks later the paper tax disc stolen from an open car (no roof or doors).

This thread is proof that in the Bristol area at least  thieves will try to steal a classic Skoda, I could be wrong but around Northampton I think it more likely that, like many cars, it would be broken into, often very crudely, to steal any items left in the car.  The people doing this often are after stuff to easily sell on to feed their need for drugs so not "professional" car thieves as such. 

Many "classic" car owners just fit a hidden "kill switch" to stop the whole car being taken, this of course does not a break in and the damage this may cause.

Whatever, it's not a nice feeling when someone have violated your property, as above I have personal experience, so I do sympathise.  

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

I don't know how long ago you were working in Spain with your British colleague and how long before that he was working in Britain

That was 3 years ago. My colleagues worked in the UK for 15+ years.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RicardoM said:

That was 3 years ago. My colleagues worked in the UK for 15+ years.

Fair enough, your colleagues are more likely to have worked in Norfolk than Northamptonshire  then (I don't know about Bristol) and perhaps in an area or  community more likely to be around classic Skoda as for more years than I can remember I can't remember seeing an Estelle (and almost none Favorits or Felecias) anywhere in the UK other than at the NEC classic car shows that I went to for 20+ years.

This year I did se a Favorit Estate parked up fairly locally and a bright green Felicia coming out of a local industrial estate possibly leaving work.

I was born in England and have lived here all my life and have driven for work and leisure throughout the county and nationally and internationally to Scotland, Wales and ("the island of") Ireland for over four decades and in the last three or decades having an interest in "classic" cars and being the age I am I do tend to notice "classic" cars actually being driven on roads.

But I don't mix with criminals or live on a rough housing estates anymore so perhaps I'm too far out of touch with the subject.