Hi from Nirthumberland

Shuggyboatsuperb

Hello to all and especially those knowledgable folks on here posting advice and experience.

Joined the forum at last after 4 years watching and learning!

Skoda Superb 2.0 diesel manual with a few useful to me options: rough road pack, heated screen, factory towbar, actual spare wheel, (5 year warranty as a precaution), etc.   ordered new build 4 years ago and delivered less than 2 weeks before the first lockdown March 2020.  Bought mainly for the space, fuel economy on long runs, and comfort.  Happy with it against those aims.

Still got old forester and wifes impreza so Superb diesel so far reserved for long regular runs especially to SW Scotland.

Great info from the forum for dog guards, mudflap fitting etc. - Thanks.

Also managed to get a couple of bargain original wheels 4 yrs ago for fitting Nokian winter tyres. 

Only real disappointment ( apart from shuggy boat like ride on country lanes and getting thrown off line by any small bump when gently cornering) with the car was both front and rear discs badly corroded and surface gone, needing replacement after only 3 years/ 21k miles.   Prompt to buy a foxwell diagnostic scanner and fit brembo discs and pads myself rather than dealer prices for “same as new” OE replacements. 
I expect to keep this car a good few years and look after routine servicing myself when warranty has ended.

Might be starting to ask at some point soon where to watch out for rust typically developing long term with a view to prevention and longevity? 
cheers.