Insurance shocker!

5 hours ago, Llwyngwernog said:

SAGA fully comp for wife and I , both old codgers 75yrs , £ 392.89 .

My father is 92 year old and for the past 30 years anyway, I'm the one who deals with his insurance. In those 30 years, not once has SAGA been in the ball park for compeditive quotes - even taking into account their offers on cashback websites.  They provide me with a quote but like my father, it's always once of the more expensive.  Perhaps quotes in Wales are cheaper because you can only drive at 20mph? :D  ( only joking of course ).

For the record, he's never had a point on his licence, never been caught for speeding and his last claim was in the early 90's ! Neither does he have any health issues. He's renewed with his current insurer for the past two years, it's around the £500 - he lives in a low risk area. If I use comparion sites, the cheapest quote for him is around £1400 and rises to eyewatering amounts. Not many will even quote him. His current insurer do not offer insurance if he was after a new policy, just because of his age. They don't offer insurance to over 85's now, but because he's a current policy holder, they send him a renewal quote each year.

And I'll say something else about the insurance industry that made me sick. When my mother passed I was just going to leave his policy alone until renewal time, but he insisted I inform them of the changes. So my mum's name came off and I changed his status from 'Married' to 'Widower'.  The fu&*er$ asked for more money as those changes increased his then current premium.  Disgusting doesn't even begin to describe it, but that's the insurance indusrty for you.  It has little to do with you, but everything to do with that pigeon hole they place you in.

I'm actually surprised they don't ask the colour of your skin. Racism, sexism, homophobic? They'd use anything to judge your insurance risk if they could get away with it.

In fact they did with sexism - perhaps they still do?  It'd be interesting to see the quotes for 18year old twins living in the same house as their parents, who've just passed their test and each want the same car. Do you reckon the insurance would be cheaper for the girl than the boy? That certainly used to be the case.

Edited by kodiaqsportline
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I don't auto-renew but when I had my renewal notice my chin dropped to the floor another £38 per month.

I called up all the recommended insurers on my computer and gave them the same details as my current policy.

Most wanted more, only one could match it so I stuck with my current insurer.

It would seem that a lot of unfortunate drivers lost their vehicles in flooding incidents so we must pay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gumdrop said:

I don't auto-renew but when I had my renewal notice my chin dropped to the floor another £38 per month.

I called up all the recommended insurers on my computer and gave them the same details as my current policy.

Most wanted more, only one could match it so I stuck with my current insurer.

It would seem that a lot of unfortunate drivers lost their vehicles in flooding incidents so we must pay.

Try going via comparison sites, also using cashback sites, done those it the past and one year got a significant discount on the premium and £75 cashback, which made it about £200 cheaper. 

9 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

Try going via comparison sites, also using cashback sites, done those it the past and one year got a significant discount on the premium and £75 cashback, which made it about £200 cheaper. 

I tried the main ones, but by the time you add in the "extras" .....

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/01/2024 at 20:10, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

IF anyone ever needs any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Your company quoted me over £1200 for a new Octy iV vrs with mods declared( wheels and exhaust). when i questioned why it was so high your agent told me that Adrian Flux give you better deals the longer you've owned the car.

very good way to lose business from new car buyers!!

• Like 1

On 10/01/2024 at 22:14, Stonekeeper said:

As the overall value of cars on the road increases everyone's insurance costs will rise do you not see that?

On 10/01/2024 at 23:12, Ianrally said:

I give up

You can take that as a "no" Stonekeeper!

• Like 1

• Sponsor
On 07/03/2024 at 13:32, mczakk said:

Your company quoted me over £1200 for a new Octy iV vrs with mods declared( wheels and exhaust). when i questioned why it was so high your agent told me that Adrian Flux give you better deals the longer you've owned the car.

very good way to lose business from new car buyers!!

Hi.

I'm sorry that we were unable to offer you a competitive  quotation. Unfortunately we can't be competitive on every quote I'm afraid.

Regards,

Dan.