Wipers not working

Evening. 
having an argument with my wipers. They’ve stopped working. I can hear the relay clicking as I engage the stalk, I have voltage at the plug that goes into the motor, but the wipers aren’t moving! I have 2 different wiper motors here and neither work! 

any suggestions hugely appreciated as I can’t drive in the rain with no wipers anymore 

2004 mk1 superb, 1.9tdi awx. 330k miles. Besides this, everything else is working as it should be! 
thanks

The relay contacts may be burnt such that they make a contact, but not one that's good enough for the current required to get the motor moving.

Try another relay, especially if it's an easy pluggable type.

• Like 1

I'm taking a bit of guess here as I have not seen a wiring diagram for your vehicle - but I think there should probably be two 12 V connections on the motor - 1 permanent and one switchable (live when the stalk is operated) As Pete says, check the relay.   

Thank you. I’ve located the relay and it appears to be clean inside with no evidence of any burning. Though it makes sense to be the relay at fault. I have 4 terminals in the plug to the wipers and only one is giving voltage. I assume 2 are for the varying speeds? I’m going to see if I can rob the relay from my dads car and see if it works

Can be difficult to view the actual contact surfaces of the relay without bending bits to get a better view, and that's not in the category of 'non-destructive'.

Judging by the circuit diagram, the black/grey wire is the low speed power feed, green/yellow is high speed, and brown is earth return. The green/purple is park position feedback I think.

2 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Can be difficult to view the actual contact surfaces of the relay without bending bits to get a better view, and that's not in the category of 'non-destructive'.

Judging by the circuit diagram, the black/grey wire is the low speed power feed, green/yellow is high speed, and brown is earth return. The green/purple is park position feedback I think.

Thanks Pete, 

just been a stolen dads relay so I’ll try that in the morning. I’m not trying to do it in the dark with a torch. 
im struggling with the Haynes wiring diagram as there isn’t one! So I’m using a Passat wiring diagram as the closest I can find so your colours are very helpful! The only pin I was getting a constant 11.9v with the engine off was with the neg in pin 1 and pos in pin 2 at the wiper motor. 
cheers!