Kodiaq boot size

Hi,

I am looking at Kodiaqs. The L&K in particular. Unfortunately it only comes with 7 seats and I will probably sell it with the 2 extra seats unused again. Other markets seem to have a choice even at the L&K level.

However.... I am coming from a Superb estate. For those who have gone the same route, how does the Kodiaq boot compare to the Superb estate?

We use our Superb for family holidays and often have the boot full.

Hi

We went from a Superb Hatchback to an L&K Kodiaq and personally we found the boot more versatile in the Superb than the Kodiaq despite the Kodiaq claiming to have a larger boot.  I struggle to understand how Skoda have not thought of a way of removing the seats to make the car more versatile.  A colleague at work has a Kodiaq and also just got a Dacia Jogger as a second car to replace his i10.  He finds the boot better on the Jogger than the Kodiaq and the rear two seats in the Jogger just unclip in about 1 minute and can be removed and stored.   

I went from an Octavia estate which in my case, was more practical that the Superbs I looked at because it came with a twin level floor as std. I loved being able to store things away under the floor - and you had the full boot area to do so. I looked at alternatives to the Octavia and to be honest, I never found a better estate. Even the much lauded E-Class was less practical due to the way the underneath storage area was designed - and it didn't even come with a spare wheel.

I agree, it would be better with removable seats, but all isn't lost. I have a boot full when we go camping, but remember there's the footwell area you can use. And I've altered the plastic upstand on the left side so that I can accomodate the paddles for our Kayak under floor. They're stored permanently in the car, out of the way underneath the floor, as is lots of other equipment. Mountain bike? If I were to carry the mountain bike in the Octavia I had to lay it flat and it's take up the whole floor. It also meant at leat one of the rear seats being lowered. I don't know how the Superb is designed or what height is available, but I can securely mount my mountain bike upright in the Kodiaq and still carry all our camping equipment and if need be still have two free rear seats !  It's really fantastic for my needs. 

I guess it really depends on how you use the car, but it defo has as many advantages over a large estate as it does disadvantages. I never thought a 40/20/40 rear seat arrangement would be any more practical than a 60/40 but in practice it's proved brilliant.  I'd go as far to say that for me, a 40/20/40 rear seat is now an absoulte must.

Put it another way, my car was 3yr old in November and I had a quick look around to see if there was anything else on the market before going down the route of spending more money on a 3 year old car. I couldn't find another car that I'd rather have.  I like Dacias...  I love the idea of the Jogger, but with all due respect, it's so barron back there no wonder seats can come out in under a minute. Dacia doesn't have to bother with fancy trims or insulation, or undrfloor storage or any electrical gizmos. I'd have said a Jogger was more comparible to a van that just happens to have extra seats? It stinks of cheapness which of course is part of it's charm. You ain't going to get away with that on a £45k car ( or whatever the L&K is )

Edited by kodiaqsportline

4 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

I am looking at Kodiaqs. The L&K in particular. Unfortunately it only comes with 7 seats and I will probably sell it with the 2 extra seats unused again. Other markets seem to have a choice even at the L&K level.

You probably know this already, but it’s stock only on the Kodiaq now (assuming you’re looking at new), with the Mk2 order books opening imminently.

As for the boot, I’ve never not been able to fit everything I need into it - be that for family holidays to the south of France, trips to the tip or home from IKEA… it swallows everything up.

As for the 7 seats, there always comes a time when it’s useful - sitting 2/1/1 so long boxes from IKEA can go down one side is one example. Grandparents visiting and only needing one car to take everyone out is another. I think Skoda UK are of the opinion that if you don’t want 7 seats, then the Karoq is the option for you.

I moved from a Superb estate to a Kodiaq in 2017.  Now on my third Kodiaq.

After 6 years in the Superb and now more than 6 years in Kodiaqs I've never found a problem size wise.

As above, the Kodiaq is huge.

I had 7 in it last week and of course you can't take luggage with 7.  maybe a picnic or a few hand bags more likely.

I think the Superb boot was little but longer but there's not much in it.

As an aside, a neighbour just took delivery of  very expensive BMW i4. A magazine road test emphasised how cramped the rear seat is and the boot is small and the extras are £££. 

I think the chap is mad as he has 2 growing kids with all the junk that brings.

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2024 at 19:49, BoxerBoy said:

I moved from a Superb estate to a Kodiaq in 2017.  Now on my third Kodiaq.

After 6 years in the Superb and now more than 6 years in Kodiaqs I've never found a problem size wise.

As above, the Kodiaq is huge.

I had 7 in it last week and of course you can't take luggage with 7.  maybe a picnic or a few hand bags more likely.

I think the Superb boot was little but longer but there's not much in it.

As an aside, a neighbour just took delivery of  very expensive BMW i4. A magazine road test emphasised how cramped the rear seat is and the boot is small and the extras are £££. 

I think the chap is mad as he has 2 growing kids with all the junk that brings.

Yes, but think how much more envious your other neighbours will be of the chap with the BMW (in his mind at least). In reality, very few cars engender envy of any kind, because everyone has "prestige" marques now thanks to PCP etc.